anyone use a JACKSON BOSS autotint helmet ??

DBMETALWORX

I personally hate jackson hoods, and face sheilds... They seem to be flimsy as hell... Now my miller elite hood on the other hand is pretty good. I can't remember the 1 i liked the best, maybe it was the 1 i smashed with a hammer, cuz it wouldn't stay up lol... May have been other surcumstances... Think it was a speed glass... Some of these hoods you can see reflection in the lens, which looks like up to 4 different arcs!!!

WoodyW

I have one...love it. Hated the speedglass, really didn't like the miller elite much although I only have Miller welders. Jacksons have always been my fave, and I use them in the shop everyday. Take it for what it's worth.

mikeyfrombc

I have one...love it. Hated the speedglass, really didn't like the miller elite much although I only have Miller welders. Jacksons have always been my fave, and I use them in the shop everyday. Take it for what it's worth.
what color is the tint they state amber

HardCharger81

I've posted a about a dozen times how I'll only use a speed glass hood. It really is one of the best if not the best
auto tint hood out there. I own 2. The first one is nearly 10 years old, and I've only changed the batteries in it once.

I dunno what the motorsports guys like, but in the fields I've welded in, IE iron working, heavy construction, we all
use speed glass hoods.

foley

I use one almost exclusively.

Prior to owning it I used a Gold Flashed regular lens in my helmets.

The Jackson BOSS is similar in color when TIG welding to the gold faced lenses.

I had numerous problems with the BOSS helmet when I bought it originally. After 2 exchanges and numerous calls to their tech support on the second exchange, I have one that works flawlessly. I get 6-9 months out of the batteries.

I occasionally have problems with the sensor being obstructed and the lens not darkening when I am doing chassis work, but this is infrequent enough that I would not change to the 3 sensor design as it has a smaller window.

I will agree with others here that the helmet itself is pretty flimsy. It also does not have as good of headgear as my other helmets. You can rectify this by putting the Jackson lens in any helmet that takes the large 4x6 lenses.

Additionally, I mount the lens kit in my helmet upside down. This puts the controls down near your chin instead of up near your forehead, and makes it easier to change the controls on the lens while you're wearing it.