anyone use waypoint nav school

Fifty

RDC Crypto
IM computer stupid and one of my biggest hesitations of buying a lawrance vs using a map is that I buy it and cant figure it out and then dont use it.

A la my ham radio...I got the license, have the radio, but im an idiot and need someone to program it and set it up.

And soon Ill be driving down to PCI to have them put together a intercom system for me...again.... idiiot here/

So I ran across this school. anyone take their class to learn how to use the lowrance? I like that its offroad focused?

FourLow

RDC Crypto
I buy their course maps at all the VORRA races. Erika actually convinced me to ditch leadnav and get a new Lowrance after seeing how much more in depth everything was, and the knowledge they had in all things Lowrance. 1000% would recommend taking some classes.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
I appreciate it! Thank you! It feels a little better dropping the money on a lowrance if I actually know how to use it.

it’s like Tig welding. Took two years of welding school, 4 semesters before I finally felt comfortable enough buying one... and I’m still a newb

FourLow

RDC Crypto
They're really easy to use. Especially after taking the classes. Erica and Mike are super knowledgeable and explain things very easily.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
That’s what I need! Super happy I found it!

Fifty

RDC Crypto
What a great class. Especially if you are like me and you have no idea how to use a lowrance.
after the class, not only do I know which version to get, I’ll actually have a head start in making use of it.

so now to finish saving up for a hdlive 9... I think anything bigger is too much waste for my needs and budget.

ive got that and some intercoms from pci I think, in the near future...
$$$$$$$$

BajaboundMoto

RDC Crypto
Website
bajaboundmoto.com
Looks like I'm a little late to give input to your question.

Erica is awesome!
My input was going to be, be familiar with your SPG before the class, know the basic functions at least.

My wife is pretty sharp on the GSPs and she's done Erica classes a few times.

I'm an idiot, I can't even spell PGS, so when I did the class (in person, 7 of us there) I was by far the least experienced so it was too advanced for me.
When I get more experience I'll do another class and hopefully it will 'click'.

One of the guys in the class does events they do not get to prerun, so the navigator has to be quick on Lap1 with entering notes for the remaining laps, and he was stoked with Ericas tips on doing that.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
Yea. The class was definitly geared toward racers navigators...
My plan was a class 11 car this fall... but the wife keeps reminding me that I’m way to broken. I’m afraid she is right.

I think I’m going to have to resign to playrunning and volunteering at events for teams.

sredish

RDC Crypto
best thing to do is to buy one and play with it as much as you can. use youtube videos, read the manuals... use a 110 inverter inside the house and sit on the couch and load a file, browse around, delete the file. load another file, figure out where they go and how to save. when you get comfortable with the importing and displaying, take it to a mobile vehicle and drive around with it. click the buttons and learn how to save waypoints and how to record new tracks and save. using what you learned with importing, you should be able to take the new recorded track out of it. play with all the settings and learn what they do. with time, you'll figure it out. you'll never learn not having one with you so decide which one you want and jump in. we're all here and can help as well if you get to a hard spot. best thing is just to take it inside and play with every bit of it first.

Fifty

RDC Crypto
Yep! Agreed with everything you said.
That class was great at helping me decide which I “wanted” for my needs uses! And a heads up for how to learn on it!