Anyone Used Trick Tools Tubing Prep Belt Sander?

vegasloki

Reaction
Anyone had a chance to use this yet? I've been in the market for a used Burr King but they always seem to go for almost what they are new, not counting me driving to So Cal to get it. It looks good but at $500 price is a bit steep.

AZFR8TRAIN

Reaction
Anyone had a chance to use this yet? I've been in the market for a used Burr King but they always seem to go for almost what they are new, not counting me driving to So Cal to get it. It looks good but at $500 price is a bit steep.

Have not used but actually just saw. Mike Finnegan from roadkill say it was a tool he can’t live with out now. Showed he took off powder coat on tubing. It was on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Steve Marolda

Reaction
Looks cool but that price is ridiculous. They're trying to make all r&d money back on the first one. I say wait for a Harbor Freight copy. haha

slvrbullet

Reaction
If that thing was $80-100 I would buy it but I'm perfectly happy slapping a tube in the lathe and using emery cloth for 5 seconds. I also use 3' scotch brite pads on air grinder and I can clean it up in the same time. Thats a pretty hefty price tag for a tool with limited uses.

vegasloki

Reaction
If a guy like me that buys many of his tools from the tool truck thinks it's expensive then it's expensive. At least at $1500 for the entry level Burr King you're still getting a Burr King. I use Roloc discs, flaps and Scotchbrite right now. Even using 80 grit flaps I can't get that much off that quickly.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
Don't want to hijack the thread, but anybody try the Multitool grinder attachment that looks like a baby Burr King?Pretty reasonable it it worked.

vegasloki

Reaction
I've been looking at the Multitool as well but I'd need another grinder as I use both wheels on mine now. If you got a good bench grinder, Metabo or equal you're still out as much as the 525 attachment but at least you've more or less got a real belt grinder.

KTB Racing

Reaction
Don't want to hijack the thread, but anybody try the Multitool grinder attachment that looks like a baby Burr King?Pretty reasonable it it worked.

I the multi tool attachment and I love it and mine is mounted on a lower level Home Depot grinder. It would be so much better on a higher power grinder. I need to get the plate attachment for disc grinder on the side so it's like a little apex style grinder.

ghostwhite

Reaction
I the multi tool attachment and I love it and mine is mounted on a lower level Home Depot grinder. It would be so much better on a higher power grinder. I need to get the plate attachment for disc grinder on the side so it's like a little apex style grinder.

I have the same and it is awesome, I need a better/stronger grinder though.

1Pi3IVch.jpg