Anyone want to film in Ocotillo on New Years?

DougRobinson

RDC Crypto
Anyone with a professional quality camera want to go shoot some video or take some good shots?
Heres what I got
Going out Thursday 31st till Sunday Jan 3rd
And of course you will get some seat time ;)
I would really like to get some in car footage as well.
send me a PM or email DougRobinson87@gmail.com if interested

I would really love to get some good video and or shots as this might be the only chance to take it out this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickf

RDC Crypto
Please. please. PLEASE be careful out there!
That is a very crowded time and there's a lot of kids with no apparent ability to look right or left.

BGRANT

RDC Crypto
Please. please. PLEASE be careful out there!
That is a very crowded time and there's a lot of kids with no apparent ability to look right or left.

X2! Also a lot of parents without the apparent ability to watch after their kids.

Jacob7672

Nimrod de Ashcraft
RDC Crypto
You should go over to Plaster and get some footage. Its safe and also rougher, makes for a more exciting movie!

silverback

RDC Crypto
Ocotillo is no place to a run a hi-perf 4-wheeled vehicle, especially on a holiday weekend. Superstition and Plaster City are close enough to offer you all the space you need to run all out.

steviegnsc

RDC Crypto
Website
www.corva.org
sooooooooooooooo....... anyone?

Just head over to Plaster City for the race, there should be plenty of good footage to be had. Ocotillo Wells isn't really the place to film Hi-speed stuff on a holiday weekend. First reason being the obvious, the crowds and the second being the dust bowl that's gonna thrash your camera.

The Dash is going on in PC, your best bet is to head over there and talk to some teams. There's probably a team or two over there that would love to see some footage of there efforts.

Bill

Carlos Danger
RDC Crypto
Just head over to Plaster City for the race, there should be plenty of good footage to be had. Ocotillo Wells isn't really the place to film Hi-speed stuff on a holiday weekend. First reason being the obvious, the crowds and the second being the dust bowl that's gonna thrash your camera.

The Dash is going on in PC, your best bet is to head over there and talk to some teams. There's probably a team or two over there that would love to see some footage of there efforts.

you must not have read this thread?He is looking for someone to film him not him film them.

DougRobinson

RDC Crypto
Really?

Did you read any of the previous posts?

Yes I did. I don't remember ever saying that I'm going there to film myself racing all out. All I said was to just go have fun and get some footage. I understand everyone's concerns. That being said, Ill be there NYE till the 3rd hanging out having a good time with my friends with all of their trucks, buggies, rhinos, and quads/bikes.
Ocotillo Wells is nothing like it used to be 3-4 years ago on a holiday weekend, especially way out where we camp.

RFS Motorsports

RDC Crypto
Website
www.rfsmotorsports.com
You have a lot of good footage. You just need to have someone edit it so it is more appealing to watch. Everyone is right about Plaster City though. It has all the whoops, jumps that make it more exciting plus you can film from a car while driving next to it.

rickf

RDC Crypto
Yes I did. I don't remember ever saying that I'm going there to film myself racing all out. All I said was to just go have fun and get some footage. I understand everyone's concerns. That being said, Ill be there NYE till the 3rd hanging out having a good time with my friends with all of their trucks, buggies, rhinos, and quads/bikes.
Ocotillo Wells is nothing like it used to be 3-4 years ago on a holiday weekend, especially way out where we camp.

You post on here and ask a question to which you get polite and consistent responses.
As I understand it you also want a pro to come out a film you screwing around in your pre-runner?
Really?
For a submission to 'Jacka$$ the Worthless Clips'?
Yeah, you're who I want representing our sport; we don't have enough trouble now.

People are f-ing retarded pussys on here. It seems no one wants cool stuff out in ocotillo. hopefully you cut off one of them. hahahaha!!

Chris,
Text your friends and meet them at the mall or you can just wait until grade school is back in session next Monday.

silverback

RDC Crypto
Actually, Cris, I would prefer not to read in the paper about someone's "cool stuff" killing some unsuspecting family out for a ride on their bikes or quads.

pdailey

Pug Dad
RDC Crypto
Doug. Please be careful out there. I will be out there and there are about 20 kids in our group. Not saying you can't have fun. Just be aware of your surroundings and if you are doing jumps and that sort of thing, make sure you have some spotters. There are plenty of areas out there to ride. People tend to get amped up when they know they are being filmed and I just don't want to read about bad stuff this weekend.

DougRobinson

RDC Crypto
You post on here and ask a question to which you get polite and consistent responses.
As I understand it you also want a pro to come out a film you screwing around in your pre-runner?
Really?
For a submission to 'Jacka$$ the Worthless Clips'?
Yeah, you're who I want representing our sport; we don't have enough trouble now.

Now you're just being a Douchebag.

DougRobinson

RDC Crypto
Doug. Please be careful out there. I will be out there and there are about 20 kids in our group. Not saying you can't have fun. Just be aware of your surroundings and if you are doing jumps and that sort of thing, make sure you have some spotters. There are plenty of areas out there to ride. People tend to get amped up when they know they are being filmed and I just don't want to read about bad stuff this weekend.

Thanks for the polite response. I go out there with a large group and I believe we will have quite a few kids with us as well. Ive always got a group of people looking out for each other so that nobody gets hurt. My first and main priority is the safety of others, contrary to what some of the people on here are assuming about me. Hope you have a safe and fun new years out there. Stop by and say hi if you recognize my car out there.

RDC Crypto
Offer money and you might get a pro next time.

Lots of money, Matt! My day rate as a shooter 20+ years ago x inflation rate, plus equipment rental and insurance (both blanket liability and comprehensive), plus state permits, unemployment insurance, and contractor license fees.

Don't sell yourselves short, shooters! You're just cutting your own throats if you do.