Anza Borrego might be closing!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Dont get me started. What a friggin shame....Shame on Calif.....

BGRANT

Reaction
What a shame. It says the beach parks won't be fenced off, they just won't be mantained. Sounds like it could turn out to be a haven for vagrants and drug users.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Claifornia plans to lay off up to 2,000 park rangers and biologists. Anza Borrego is scheduled to close but Ocotillo Wells is on the list to remain open. I've read articles mentioning a "gas tax" for OHVs, though I'd like to see how that would be enforced since there won't be any state employees around to check.

Parks remaining open.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/712/files/gf_reduction_open_units_.pdf

Parks scheduled to close.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/712/files/gf_reduction_closed_list.pdf

troyharper

DA Meatball
Reaction
What a shame. It says the beach parks won't be fenced off, they just won't be mantained. Sounds like it could turn out to be a haven for vagrants and drug users.
torrey pines, let the gays rake their own seaweed!
vagrants, no problem. the bluffs can colapse on em!
no $$ to patrol the dezert, we can do that ourselfes! :)
im done w/ my sunday rant
ps lets go to fawns pt. or pumpkin patch!

BajaFand

Reaction
Does this mean Anza Borrego will become open public land?

TauMau

Reaction
Montana De Oro is on the closing list?? That really blows that was the best place I've been for tent camping...

pgarfinkle

Reaction
Does anyone know what "caretaker status" means?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
More or less, no one will actively maintain the property. It will just sit until the state decides to re-open. Then they will have to spend money they thought they were saving to get everything fixed that has been allowed to deteriorate.

baja619

Reaction
and or cleaned up / vandalized thanks to the local @ss holes. Imagine all the dumping that is likely to happen to all our public lands and beloved parks.

Reaction
I'm afraid it means locked gates, restrooms, etc. falling into disrepair due to non-use, neglect and decay. No preventative maintenance will exacerbate this issue, and, if and when these parks reopen, extensive rehabilitation will be necessary.

Very sad indeed!

Randy Spiker

Reaction
Yet there's still plenty of money going towards Illegals and scumsucking welfare maggots. Seems they didn't suffer much in the cutting, did they?!!! :mad:
Aren't Californians still paying for a bond measure passed a few years ago to do your own stem cell research. Whadda waste!!!

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Yet there's still plenty of money going towards Illegals and scumsucking welfare maggots. Seems they didn't suffer much in the cutting, did they?!!! :mad:
Aren't Californians still paying for a bond measure passed a few years ago to do your own stem cell research. Whadda waste!!!
Randy, the Demonrats need the "Illegals and scumsucking welfare maggot" voters to stay in power. Screw everyone else.

big ed

Reaction
Go to the north gate of Canyon Lake area, dumping has been going on for the 30 years I have lived there. Gota love Riverside County.........no I dont!

Wendell #527

Reaction
Yea, thanks alot Arnie. What a tool. I know this isn't the purple forum, but what a bummer. I pretty much grew up at the Tierra Del Sol Safari's in Anza Borrego. There aren't even any weeds there to kill--it's perfect for offroading. What a friggen shame. I wonder how bad you'd get busted if you just went there and took the chance.

RYERSON

Reaction
Don't forget about the much needed hi-speed train LA to Frisco. (still funded?)

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
More or less, no one will actively maintain the property. It will just sit until the state decides to re-open. Then they will have to spend money they thought they were saving to get everything fixed that has been allowed to deteriorate.
This is REALLY bad news... Anza Borrego has some incredibly beautiful and fun areas to explore!! Having grown up in the area I've been going since I was born... what a bummer :(

Sadly it probably will cost a LOT more in the long run to try to reopen these areas... which could just lead to them being permanently closed :( :mad: People sure are making it harder and harder to actually get out there and ENJOY the great outdoors!! I don't get it!! :(