AOD trans goods and bads

classified

Reaction
I just picked up a well maintained '87 ford ltd 5.0l and aod trans w/ 72,000 miles, to put in my '90 ranger single cab, 2wd, short bed. I have zero experience with the aod trans. I guess my question is how well will it hold up to 33's? The truck will be used on the street more then off road, but I do plan on abusing it when off road. So any info would be appreciated.

Wahl_7s

Reaction
I just picked up a well maintained '87 ford ltd 5.0l and aod trans w/ 72,000 miles, to put in my '90 ranger single cab, 2wd, short bed. I have zero experience with the aod trans. I guess my question is how well will it hold up to 33's? The truck will be used on the street more then off road, but I do plan on abusing it when off road. So any info would be appreciated.
Probably fine, i'd have somebody take it apart and check and put back together. you just going to put the motor in and go? Out of an LTD should be ok in a Ranger

classified

Reaction
Probably fine, i'd have somebody take it apart and check and put back together. you just going to put the motor in and go? Out of an LTD should be ok in a Ranger
Thanks I'll have someone go through it for me. I was going to pull the heads and if all is well put it back together run it, and keep my eyes out for a HO motor to build.