Apocalypse fighter

matt_helton

Racer
RDC Crypto
Website
Visit site
so there are some random pics floating around of this truck but i figured id start a build thread becasue im actually just now starting to think this truck is gonna turn out pretty bitchin in the end......i was a bit unsure at first. lol

the truck is a 2009 duramax, allison, crew cab, short box, 4wd 2500HD that im working on.......the list of most of the mods....

-full BMS chase kit(uniball UCA's, heim steering and 2.5" KING resi shocks all around)
-torsion keys
-full banks diesel performance kit
-fiberglass fenders at all corners
-37" good year GSA tires on 17" BTR race bead lock wheels
-onboard air system
-custom built 2" .120 4130 front bumper built to house a 16.5k lb warn winch
-custom built 2" .120 4130 rock sliders
-custom built 2" rear bumper
-multiple HID lights
-rear facing camera system
-custom rear "chase/lumber rack" with high lift jack mount, billet adjustable tie down system, as well as rear facing work lights.
-everything will be powder coated and line-x'd too of course
-and im sure we will be adding more along the way per the customers request.

heres some pics.

mega18.jpg

mega17.jpg

mega16.jpg

mega2.jpg

mega5.jpg

mega7.jpg

mega11.jpg

mega12.jpg

mega13.jpg

mega15.jpg

fronthd1.jpg

hd6.jpg

hd5.jpg

hd4.jpg

hd3.jpg

hd2.jpg

hd1.jpg

rearhd1.jpg

rearhd2.jpg

rearhd3.jpg

rearhd4.jpg

rearhd5.jpg

rearhd6.jpg

sidehd.jpg

fronthd3.jpg

fronthd2.jpg

hd37-1.jpg

hd37.jpg

all the fabricated parts just went out to powder coat and the rest of the truck is gonna be going to paint/body here real soon, and then will get final assembly.

Advertising supports this site

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
Looking good BMS!

J.JOHNSON

RDC Crypto
Are you sure this isn't the new truck to replace the old brown chevy for the remake of "simon and simon"?

Chris Tobin

RDC Crypto
Nice work Matt, That's very similar to what I'm doing with that project truck I told you about, but mine is starting out much older then building up to nice rather than starting new and building from there!!! Freelance guys don't have big budgets to start with a new truck, but man do I wish I did!!!

Keep us posted on the progress, and let me know when you guys develop those bolt on parts we were talking about...

CT

Tyler7

RDC Crypto
Ummm Matt my poor truck would like a sick a** bumper like that, the local kids are starting to use my bumper as a grinding rail for them skateboard thingys.

zjohnson

RDC Crypto
Bada$$ MAtt. I love the look of this thing, is this a trend for all the 2012 believers . . Either way its an awesome truck!

matt_helton

Racer
RDC Crypto
Website
Visit site
havnt driven it yet. wheels and all fab parts still at powder coat.....and the wheels are standard 17x8 BTR's........on-board air is up and running though....200 psi really brings it yo! lol..........and as for the "lumber rack"...yeah i said that, but i shoulda said "timber rack"....thats what the customer called it. :)......wants to be able to haul large timbers and such up over the cab....4x8 sheets of plywood too. :)

and yeah, 2012 will kill everything except this truck. ha

5.3Ranger

RDC Crypto
Updates? I'd like to stop by the shop & ride in an HD with that KING setup, when you guys have one available.

matt_helton

Racer
RDC Crypto
Website
Visit site
no real updates right now. the truck is currently at the body shop getting some finish work and massaging done to the rear bedsides. after that it will be off to line-x for the full body coating......yeah thats what i said. :).......and then i can start final assembly of all the powdrcoated parts and then wiring of all accessories can commense.

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
Full coated body? Seen it before and it was yeah umm interesting lol.

randy s

RDC Crypto
havnt driven it yet. wheels and all fab parts still at powder coat.....and the wheels are standard 17x8 BTR's........on-board air is up and running though....200 psi really brings it yo! lol..........and as for the "lumber rack"...yeah i said that, but i shoulda said "timber rack"....thats what the customer called it. :)......wants to be able to haul large timbers and such up over the cab....4x8 sheets of plywood too. :)

and yeah, 2012 will kill everything except this truck. ha
then i get dibs on it after that right? i'm going on vacation a couple of days after the world ends and since i'm going to cabo, it would come in handy.

philofab