• Forum membership has its advantages....

Apple Valley is looking for a piece of Stoddard Wells OHV

coilover88

Being from Paso Robles I don't know the SB county districts. I was wondering if Brad Mitzelfelt (district 1) had anything to say on the subject. As a supervisor who is also on the DAC, he should be very interested in these shenanigans.

gotteracing

"Jim@MORE Tuesday, June 14, 2011 08:01 PM
Host: cpe-24-165-25-179.san.res.rr.com
Ernie The Rules will be in for next year. The rules will be for everyone. The BLM here is going to open up some more land coming soon. It is looking good. we just need to keep policeing ourselfs and working together to make this happen"

coilover88

"Jim@MORE Tuesday, June 14, 2011 08:01 PM
Host: cpe-24-165-25-179.san.res.rr.com
Ernie The Rules will be in for next year. The rules will be for everyone. The BLM here is going to open up some more land coming soon. It is looking good. we just need to keep policeing ourselfs and working together to make this happen"
Jim was referring to HR 1581, introduced in May. Great for OHV.... Still to be seen how much raceable land is involved. SB 1087 has been introduced in the senate so there is a long process for this to come to fruition. House (must pass), Senate (must pass), then to the conference committee, then pass again, THEN--Obama has to sign it. I wouldn't put on my dancin' shoes yet but at least it is a political attempt at something most of us have never seen----a gain in access as opposed to closure.

Now back to the Apple Valley issue............

kim

Rescue 3
Lots of stuff happening here. Just because we are not posting doesn't mean its fallen by the side. Will most likely be posting info where you can donate funds to help cover the legal fee's for this fight. We have a land use attorney already involved and he is racking up time. Meeting scheduled next week. Will update more then.

Kim

Vtr_Racing

I am not only speaking for myself but all stakeholders of Stoddard Valley when I say "Hell NO! Not one square inch."

HI_DEZ_DAVE

Kim, Just wanted to tell you, I was nice talking to you at Mikes' shop. Thank you for bringing me up to speed & your commitment, Dave.

kim

Rescue 3
FYI, meeting went very well yesterday. Attorney put Apple Valley representatives on notice that OHV interests WILL be protected.

flatblack

i was born and raised in the high desert. been here over 30+years and tired of the desert dissapearing. you cant even ride a dirt bike in your own yard. people that have only been here for a few years wanna change everything and turn it into a city life. honda valley, deep creek, el mirage, and bowen ranch are either gone or highly regulated. they are building the water treatment plant a couple blocks from my house and most of my nieghbors arent happy about that at all. they have been fighting that for a while. everybody needs to stand up for whats ours and what we pay taxes on for recreation areas. im gonna fight as hard as i can.

L5wolvesf

Oh joy, another attack on off road access by a town in the high desert. I already refuse to purchase anything in the town of Hesperia. I guess I'm going to have to add Apple Valley to my boycott list. Too bad, as there are a couple of good restaurants that I regularly go to in AV.

And yes, I also make an effort to make purchases in towns that support access, such as Lucerne Valley. I always purchase a tank of fuel there, and often make a trip to the grocery store when I'm out there.

If you aren't voting with your hard-earned money, then you should definitely start thinking about it.
Yes, voting with your hard-earned money is a good step. But the businesses have to know people are doing this and WHY. So I suggest if you take your money elsewhere you write (don't call it will easily be forgotten) to the businesses and tell them. This will also have the added effect of letting locals know about the land issue.

L

desert rat 2

Yes, voting with your hard-earned money is a good step. But the businesses have to know people are doing this and WHY. So I suggest if you take your money elsewhere you write (don't call it will easily be forgotten) to the businesses and tell them. This will also have the added effect of letting locals know about the land issue.

L
I have written more letters than you can imagine, been in this fight for a long time, but thanks for the reminder.

kim

Rescue 3
Well Hello!

I have just returned from a six week vacation. I went to northern Idaho to spend some time with my sister and dad. It was an amazing journey. My 15 year old daughter and I left the last week of June and just returned this week. In all total, I drove about 4,500 miles. We saw Montana, Idaho, Washington and the entire Oregon Coast. Some places we liked so well we visited twice.

It was a much needed time away. Now that I am back, I will make some phone calls and send some emails tomorrow and get caught up on the happenings within Apple Valley.

While I was gone, I did receive a letter from the Mayor of Apple Valley saying in short, "this is all a big misunderstanding and that AV values off-roaders". I will get a copy of the letter and post it if you all are interested.

Updates coming soon,

Kim

coilover88

Welcome home Kim. Glad you had a good sabbatical. We missed you!! I would like to see the mayor's letter. It sounds like he isn't cognizant of what other city officials are up to. That or it's just more political bs from yet another administrator.

kim

Rescue 3
Welcome home Kim. Glad you had a good sabbatical. We missed you!! I would like to see the mayor's letter. It sounds like he isn't cognizant of what other city officials are up to. That or it's just more political bs from yet another administrator.
Here ya go....View attachment nassif letter.pdf

Please let me know if right away if you can not open the attachment. While I was gone some damn geek hacked my internet and my computer blew up. I have a new one and everything is new and fancy. I'm trying to figure all this new technology out....sheesh.

coilover88

The link works fine Kim. The letter sounds like another example of "Trust us---we have your interests covered." What the Mayor doesn't understand is that we've all heard that mantra a thousand times over and usually get the short end of the stick in the deal. The Marines have used the same "trust us" approach to quieting the ohv'ing public. I for one do not believe the mayor, nor will I just take his word for it, that we will be protected from any loss of access.

kim

Rescue 3
Update - Brad Mitzelfelt (San Bernardino County Supervisor) has been made aware of what Apple Valley is trying to do with its MSHCP. He is very interested in learning more.....I emphasize "learning more" which means he was not made aware of the proposed expansion nor was the gentleman from LAFCO. Both want maps and information that I have gathered thus far.

Just more evidence that what Apple Valley is trying to do is underhanded and under the radar.