• Forum membership has its advantages....

April 6th Johnson Valley Land Use Meeting

PSWPete

I am not sure how many people get the notifications for these meetings. Disappointing these are held in Lucerne on a big race weekend in Mexico. Seems intentional although after attending the meeting last year, I am not sure it would matter. Only 3 other attendees besides me and my family last year. Below is the email I received about the meeting Saturday April 6th.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING LAND USE IN THE JOHNSON VALLEY AREA

MARINE CORPS AIR GROUND COMBAT CENTER TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. -
The Marine Corps and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will host a public
meeting on April 06, 2019 in the Yucca Room at the Yucca Valley Community
Center from 10:00am until 11:00am. Representatives will be available to
answer questions and discuss land use with the public. The Yucca Valley
Community Center is located at 57090 Twentynine Palms Highway, Yucca Valley,
California. All members of the public are invited to attend.

As previously announced, the Johnson Valley Shared Use Area will remain open
to the public August 1-30, 2019, and will not be used for military training
during the time period. The closure of the Shared Use Area for military use
was determined to be unnecessary after the Marine Corps revised the scope of
training to be conducted in August 2019. Training conducted in August 2019
will utilize ranges on the installation, including the land acquired through
the land expansion. All training will occur within Combat Center boundaries.

For additional information please visit:
Johnson Valley or contact the Marine Corps
Air Ground Combat Center Resource Management Group at 760-830-3737 or
[email protected].

Pescador

Just putting out an advisory for anybody off roading in the giant rock area in Landers California. Over the thanksgiving weekend I was proceeding north of giant rock headed towards the abandoned mine when a came up on a large group of Off-roaders being citied by an federal wildlife officer in fairy plain clothes that waived me down, not knowing what was going on and in my helmet I turned off my buggy and asked if they needed help, then I was informed that I would also be receiving a citation, I’ve passed over that road at least 100 times in the last 5 years and asked where the signage was??? They told us there was a large sign but that scalpers apparently had taken them. After receiving my ticket I paid close attention and did see 2 small signs that were unreadable from further then 10 feet, nothing like the real signage that marks the 29 palms military zone. Anyway if your familiar with this area keep it in the back of your mind who knows how many $130 tickets they wrote that day???? It was like shooting fish in a bowl!!!