are 3 Seat CARS ALLOWED in SCORE?

cancinoj

Does anybody know for sure that if score allows trucks with 3 people in it,. i have seen pistol pete with 3 guys, but im not sure if i the rulebook says something about that,. a friend of us wants to enter his 3 sitter class 7 to do the baja 500, but dont want sorprises,. anybody knows?

Mcarlson1

Re: are 3 SIT CARS ALLOWED in SCORE?

I don't see why you can't enter it, Brian Collins' old TT was a 3 seater as well so I. Would think it would be ok. Maybe call SCORE and ask to make sure but I'm sure you'll be ok.

Thanks,
Mike

partybarge_pilot

Pistolas truck is also a 3 seater. They are legal depending on the class and OK from Bill.

NIKAL

Call Bill Savage. I believe you have to have written permission by Score Tech, before you can race with 3 seats. My guess is they will want to tech the truck to make sure the roll cage is built to protect the 3rd occupant in the back. Also if the truck has not been Score tagged by Savage that will need to be done before it can race Score too.That would be the time to have it inspected for a 3rd seat. I'm sure Savage will want a few more tubes or gussets in specific places.

JD Durfey

Straight from the SCORE website.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes 1/2-1600 (Single Seat), 9 (Single Seat), 10 (Single Seat), Score Lites (Single seat), 21, 22, 30, 40, 50, 24, and 25 may only compete with one (1) driver/rider during competition.

Classes 1/2-1600 (Two Seat), 5-1600, 9 (Two Seat), 10 (Two Seat), Score Lites (Two seat), 11, Stock Mini, Stock Full, and Protruck must always compete with one driver and one co-driver during competition.

Classes Trophy Truck, 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 7S, 7SX, and 8 may compete with one driver or one driver and one co-driver during competition.

Driver/rider and/or co-driver changes are permitted in all classes as long as the driver/rider and/or co-driver is a banded driver on that vehicle entry.

NO VEHICLE WILL BE ALLOWED MORE THAN TWO OCCUPANTS AT ANY TIME, WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM THE TECHNICAL DIRECTOR.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our truggy is a 3 seater and in 07 when we had it teched we were told that we could not run the third seat while racing.

cancinoj

thks for your help guys,. the truck will be inspected by bill savage and hopefully everything to be ok on that truck, they already did all plans thinking about having 3 people on board, putting just 2 may ruin the plan$$$, so, will see, thks again.

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish

Gova or Calacas from Mexicali got hist 7 score teched for racing 3 dudes.

el tiburon

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle

The short answer is yes,with that said Savage does have some extra requirements !!!! BTW just because a car has 3 seats doesn't mean its legal !!!! For instance when we raced our 7 open truck we had a third seat that we used when we were prerunning. Savage told us we had to make a bunch of cage work to be able to race with 3 people,it became a place to put crap during race's. I know that some guys have 3 seaters that didn't pass Tech for 3 seats so at the first pit the third guy would jump in. If your going to race a mini according to savage its real hard to make them fit and still pass tech......

Jerry Zaiden

Our Tundra is a 3 seater. We raced in the stock full class and had 3 people in the truck. Just talk to Savage and let him look at your cage design.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated

When we built the collins 3 seater score was not the problem it was casey folks that was TOTALLY AGAINST the truck it took some real talking to get him convinced that we were not getting an unfair advantage over the compititon AKA tire,trans,gearset changes in the middle of knowhere with the extra set of hands riding in the truck he hates people that think out of the box. whats the diffrence between this truck and entering a prerunner full of parts to follow the race truck with a total of 4 guys ready to fix the problem? he diden't think ANYONE would EVER think of that or afford to enter 2 TRUCKS yea right.

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare

no way in hell they will let you run a 3 seater class 7 without 2 inch tubing on the cab...FACT, only made an exception for GOVA at the 1000 but no more...SAVAGE....go figure

JPBart

Get it in writing! Keep the letter handy when you go through tech. We had verbal approval for something many years ago but Bill had 'forgotten' when we were in post race tech and he said we were illegal. He asked if we got it in writing? 'nope' just talked to you on the phone. It took a lot of talking before he recalled the conversation but he admonished us to always get it in writing in the future.

Good luck!

1450-ranger

Get it in writing! Keep the letter handy when you go through tech. We had verbal approval for something many years ago but Bill had 'forgotten' when we were in post race tech and he said we were illegal. He asked if we got it in writing? 'nope' just talked to you on the phone. It took a lot of talking before he recalled the conversation but he admonished us to always get it in writing in the future.

Good luck!
I agree 100%

Our invoice shows the truck was tech'd as a 3 seat vehicle.

Shannon

Bear on a Unicycle

no way in hell they will let you run a 3 seater class 7 without 2 inch tubing on the cab...FACT, only made an exception for GOVA at the 1000 but no more...SAVAGE....go figure
That's funny!!!! I've seen a bunch of 7 trucks with 3 seats... Like I said before,just because they have 3 seats,it doesn't mean there legal !!!!!!;)