• Forum membership has its advantages....

Are Laser light bars worth it ?

Scott Reville

I have recently been hearing about laser lights and are told they are around $1000. Would it be worth it to get one for my new setup??

partybarge_pilot

Laser's can produce some serious light that can be focused easily. The downside is keeping them aligned in an off-road environment.

Baja Designs was working on them a couple years ago. Don't know if they still are or not.

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
"60% further than LED" How does that compare with HID?

partybarge_pilot

That info has been on the site for a long time. Since they got bought buy Best top, it may be on hold. More than enough time has passed to get it going.

Dirty Harry

That info has been on the site for a long time. Since they got bought buy Best top, it may be on hold. More than enough time has passed to get it going.
They had prototypes at SEMA and KOH. It is coming, my understanding is that Baja Designs has put the needs of the military market ahead of the recreational market at this time. But I expect laser technology to trickle down relatively quickly.

partybarge_pilot

They had prototypes at SEMA and KOH. It is coming, my understanding is that Baja Designs has put the needs of the military market ahead of the recreational market at this time. But I expect laser technology to trickle down relatively quickly.
Military stuff always went out first.