Are rules written to be negotiated?

NIKAL

Reaction
Both of our motors are 100% stock, we take them out of the box and go racing. we have tried built motors in her car but kept having issues. She does not like letting off the throttle and keeps that thing wound out round 8,500 RPM from start to finish. Built motors just did not hold up to that. Not saying anything bad about the motor builders out there, but it just wasn't worth the hassle for us.

Wayne,
Thanks for explaining. It makes it that more impressive what you & Kristen are doing. Also debunks some of the people saying these turbos are getting 100 more hp over stock or you need 100 more hp to be competitive.

wayne matlock

Reaction
Wayne,
Thanks for explaining. It makes it that more impressive what you & Kristen are doing. Also debunks some of the people saying these turbos are getting 100 more hp over stock or you need 100 more hp to be competitive.
Yeah, most of my Polaris teammates in the turbo class run 100% stock power train and do not add any power through the ECU. I can't speak for the Can-Am guys, though I doubt they are adding huge power. Reliability is the name of the game in desert!!!
Kristen passed every UTV in the field, and did it with 60% less horsepower than the turbo cars. Baja has never been about HP. It's about preparation, setup, and doing your homework to make sure you are on point for race day.

jon coleman

Reaction
Yeah, most of my Polaris teammates in the turbo class run 100% stock power train and do not add any power through the ECU. I can't speak for the Can-Am guys, though I doubt they are adding huge power. Reliability is the name of the game in desert!!!
Kristen passed every UTV in the field, and did it with 60% less horsepower than the turbo cars. Baja has never been about HP. It's about preparation, setup, and doing your homework to make sure you are on point for race day.
and buying dinner for the prep guys

cjohnson

Reaction
Wayne,
I already said I was mistaken. I had some info I thought was reliable from my experience and info I had from other reputable Can-Am teams. Forget I said anything. Thanks for setting the record straight.