BajaboundMoto

Reaction
I am not limiting my comments at all. The utv's cause the excessive washboard, fact. They ruined pretty much all the trails I have ridden on my bike for the last 30 years, fact. The bumps in question are from utvs, period. Not limiting a thing.
YEP

DG_BTI

Reaction
you keep using that word tells GIF

You may think it's a fact but that does not make it one. I have ridden my bike for 30 years too and the chop has always been bad I just don't whine about it.
look dude, wining and discussing are two different things. I have no issues riding through it as my bike is fricken amazing, AHM suspension set up 450x. Throwing out comments like wining certainly gets my attention though. Try to follow along the conversation old man. No wining here. I ride whats in my path, good and bad. Maybe some day I can teach you how its done if you can still ride at your age?

cjohnson

Reaction
look dude, wining and discussing are two different things. I have no issues riding through it as my bike is fricken amazing, AHM suspension set up 450x. Throwing out comments like wining certainly gets my attention though. Try to follow along the conversation old man. No wining here. I ride whats in my path, good and bad. Maybe some day I can teach you how its done if you can still ride at your age?
When you bring up the same stuff over and over in multiple threads blaming UTVs and offer no constructive input... Sounds like whining. Bring something to the table other than "UTV bad" if you want to have a discussion.

NIKAL

Reaction
40 inch tires ruined Baja!

500+ HP tears up the dunes until a wind and rain storm puts it back.

Even the bikes are rutting out those single track gems with more power, better suspension and better grip.

The fact that the OHV market has exploded in the past few years, and broke records (Thanks to Covid) in 2020 means more people are accessing the same small amount of land.

Those in in un-accessible single track trails that only the bikes could or would ride are no more with the availability and access people have with all the OHV’s available today.

Lets also not forget all the clapped out “Want A Be” 1450 asshats doing stupid crap out there too!

obchris

Reaction
There was a thread in the main Desert Racing thread about this a while back. I live in havasu, and the awesome roads and trails I grew up riding have been so destroyed by this. Exactly what you described on every moderately soft trail or road. The worst is that on a bike, there’s literally nothing you can do to make it benter. Fast, slow, nothing makes it better.

NIKAL covered it well. It’s partly the design of the machines. It’s largely the increased desert traffic. It’s partly driving habits and technique.

At this point, the only help is dragging or grading the real bad trails. Our local 4 wheel club drags several of our common washes to keep us all sane.

Around here, it has pushed us to working to stay on the single track more. No razor burn / rzr chop there. Haha
I also noticed RZR burn as you guys call it in Havasu! Took my KTM EXC out there, was my first time there & very disappointed how the side by sides have ruined off roading for everyone else!!!