Are there too many LIMITED Truck classes or is it just me?

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
RDC Crypto
I'm jumping into the internet shark tank but here it goes! Every month (it seems) there is at least one genius who has the idea of creating a new class that limits this and that, restricts that, allows this, but can't have these? Someone has an LS "Whatever" in their garage and thinks they need their own class. I have an idea. If everyone want BIG pay backs, START RACING THE SAME CLASS. I really wanna know, what is the logic? Racing isn't cheap, so what's creating new classes is going to help? Blast away, but please post your first and last name and what class you race at the end of your post, so I know who I'm talking to.

BajaFand

RDC Crypto
I don't have my own race vehicle but I completely agree with you. I can't figure out why everyone stopped racing their Protrucks. I know they aren't the cheapest but they're reliable and fast. Now with the updates they should take off again. TL is a cool idea because it's allot cheaper. The problem is the TL vehicles themselves are not good looking and though I've never ridden in one, they don't appear to handle very well either; atleast the original ones anyways.

Nothing personal to TL organization or any TL owners. It is just my opinion which I gathered from watching them perform on video and in person.

A Vance

RDC Crypto
Come on Dan. I have a 76 ford currier and an Eco tech in the garage. We should have a class for pre 80's trucks with unlimited rear suspension and stock front. Unlimited 4 cylinder motor as long as it's not jigger than mine. And stock fenders since no one makes fiberglass for my truck. Sounds cheap. Who is in. Lol

maxyedor

RDC Crypto
There are way too many. The buggy dorks have too many classes as well IMHO, but not nearly as bad as the trucks. There are what, 138 truck classes now? It would be great it they all got at least 15 entries per race, but most of them are 1 guy who found or created a class that nobody wants to run, simply because it's an easy way to win races.

Jack

RDC Crypto
I think there are too many threads about too many truck classes.

We should combine them all into one. There would be big money involved in that.

It won't make any difference. Money is not coming anytime soon.

For years the answer that has worked, is more classes means more total entrants, so why would a promoter not do it?

mawtrophykart

RDC Crypto
You can combine class 6,7, and slowtruck together. All ecotechs run together. Trophies,class 8,and class 1 combine.

TRAVISD

RDC Crypto
Website
www.motoseat.com
To me there should be 3 truck classes.

Unlimited
Limited
Stock

Build your truck to fit one of these classes and go race. If you dont want to build it to fit one of these clases dont race!

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
a guy that has NO idea what it costs to race, starting a thread about classes he DOESNT race in, suggesting how to make BIG PAYBACK in a sport that costs a small fortune and 20% of the entry fee (or less) is paid back......GENIUS!!.....(isnt thier a Mcsomebody that races EVERYRACE by herself?)

Manning

RDC Crypto
a guy that has NO idea what it costs to race, starting a thread about classes he DOESNT race in, suggesting how to make BIG PAYBACK in a sport that costs a small fortune and 20% of the entry fee (or less) is paid back......GENIUS!!.....(isnt thier a Mcsomebody that races EVERYRACE by herself?)

.....Zing

Lifeflight

RDC Crypto
Once apon a time there was production truck. (8). Then around '74 came mini truck (7). Lots of trucks in each class. Fast forward to the '80s. 7, 7s, 74x4, 8. Now i cant even count how many truck classes there are. Heck, 7s use to have a stock bed before those racers complained about having to fix their beds every race because they never would get out of the way and the corner was the only place you could tap one to move over. Rules have been changed more and more. As we all know, the pre runner class has all the truck entries these days because there are no rules. Guys can do it thier own way and not have to follow any rules. So there you go. classes with the least amount of rules, RULES.

Jim Richardson, class 9

BW1672

RDC Crypto
i stopped racing 1450 when some dude with an older ford truck, red and white with a big M on the skid plate kept on showing up. Then jumped into a single seat 1600 car built by Bob Neth and got smoked by that same damn M. Now I have found a great home with my 9 car and i really doubt that M will show up in a 9 car and if they do then bring it. hajaha. Brandon Whitehead 1482 1488 1688 988 725

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto

No point in your post pete. Big payback to some could be $500 and the more the class has in it the more the payback. He wasnt stating the truth.

Who cares what it costs to race an activity that is a hobby? You either have the money or you dont. If you dont have the money to be competitive in one class, change classes. If you dont want to change classes than accept medicority or dont race but dont come on and try to change the game is the jist of his post.

I agree with Dan and I do not race because I dont want to be in debt for something I dont find that entertaining to do.If they had a best spectator class or most fun prerunning trophy, I would enter but I would expect there to be only 1 class, not a break down of classes becuase somebody defined "fun" or "spectating" differently.

From a spectator standpoint who has been around a while, raced a bit and seen classes come, go, get ruined, etc...there are too many classes. Most new dreamt up classes come from people lacking money to be competitive who shouldnt be racing in the first place.

Last edited:

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
RDC Crypto
i stopped racing 1450 when some dude with an older ford truck, red and white with a big M on the skid plate kept on showing up. Then jumped into a single seat 1600 car built by Bob Neth and got smoked by that same damn M. Now I have found a great home with my 9 car and i really doubt that M will show up in a 9 car and if they do then bring it. hajaha. Brandon Whitehead 1482 1488 1688 988 725

and thats exactly how it should be. Be competitive in a class that already exists and is affordable for you to be competitive in. 9 cars are badass. Lots of the older big dogs started out in limited classes. It was only in the last 5-10 years country clubbers come out starting in TT

esbyota

RDC Crypto
Website
www.myspace.com
There should be only 3 classes...

1. The I want to get started racing class.... I don't care if it is unlimited travel lawn mowers.
2. The I started a few years ago class and now I want to go faster class.
3. Trophy truck.

Awesome

McLeod

RDC Crypto
If you don't show up with at least 5 entries in a class, your entered into the next class above! No more single entry classes, faster start sequences, and quicker awards. While were at it a sport wide class system, not different classes for BITD, Score, More, etc.

gotteracing

RDC Crypto
amaen dan. i was thinking the samething lastnight watching the mint 400 on fuel tv.

winston gotte class 5

stokessdca

RDC Crypto
Website
www.doubledownphotos.com
this is going to be interesting :0

BANNED4LIFE

RDC Crypto
No point in your post pete.

Who cares what it costs to race an activity that is a hobby? You either have the money or you dont. If you dont have the money to be competitive in one class, change classes. If you dont want to change classes than accept medicority or dont race but dont come on and try to change the game.

I agree with Dan and I do not race because I dont want to be in debt for something I dont find that entertaining to do.If they had a best spectator class or most fun prerunning trophy, I would enter but I would expect there to be only 1 class, not a break down of classes becuase somebody defined "fun" or "spectating" differently.

From a spectator standpoint who has been around a while, raced a bit and seen classes come, go, get ruined, etc...there are too many classes. Most new dreamt up classes come from people lacking money to be competitive who shouldnt be racing in the first place.
my "point" is that it IS a hobby for all but the ELITE TT teams......there IS NO PURSE MONEY so combining classes will MAKE NO DIFFERENCE......what is wrong with racing against LIKE vehicles???? 1600 guys shouldnt have to race against class one cars.....ecotec mini trucks should race in the TT class??? ....people with silverspoons trying to change the sport doesnt thrill me, sorry....