Arizona short course event June 6th

SMS81

This could be the start of a great Arizona series!

Tucson Raceway Park is bringing short course off-road racing back to their facility! With the absence of short course for 15 years they are ready to bring it back!
The event has been scheduled for Saturday June 6th with practice Friday June 5th.
It has been posted on their website www.tucsonracewaypark.com.

I am not the promoter of this event. I am just trying to spread the word to get the best turn out possible with short notice. This could be an excellent permanent facility for short course off-road in Arizona. I believe it is very important to show the promoter that the off-road community is in need of just that. A great turn out would surely secure this facility!

I should have final information on the event by Wednesday night. I will post when I know more. We can expect low entry fees, a Friday practice and Saturday event.

If you think you can make it please post with your class. Do not let this great opportunity slip away!

ProLite13

NORRS need's a place to race!! lol.. This could be a good thing for sure, you will probably see some of the whiplash crowd some 1450 racers and a mix of other's out there to start the party, but if all goes well it will grow into something. Keep in mind the track has to be dialed in and not to many people will confirm whether or not they will be racing on the forum here. The word will get out here on RDC but just remember there's alot of arm chair QB's on here in the computer world so don't let this thread be the ultimate decision maker.

I will support AZ. anyway I can and remember if you build it they will come.

Also a winter series is one hell of an idea look into that...

Dan Pentico
Pro-Lite #13

prolite#7

I raced tucson short coarse some 20 years ago , a winter series would be great maybe they could get together with speedworld . We would support that 100%

Volkspower Racing

I think the Pace Trailers of AZ Short Coarse Winter series would be a great idea. We would support it a 100% also

prolite#7

Unless someone buys a trailer soon ,we might not be around that long ,right now we are selling every trailer at factory cost!!!

SMS81

More event info at TRP!

Friday June 5th, Saturday June 6th.

Classes Racing: Pro-lite, Super buggy, Single buggy, UTV’s, Trophy Kart, 1450.

Format will consist of a Friday night practice and heat races. Saturday practice, Saturday night main events.

Entry fees for car and driver are $100 with 50% payback.

Camping is available Friday night.

I will post a link to www.tucsonracewaypark.com off-road race page when it becomes available.

Old School 8

Although I dont have anything to race, I will bring family and friends to TRP, to support Off Road Racing in Arizona. Oops, I mean TUCSON !!!

Pops

Although I dont have anything to race, I will bring family and friends to TRP, to support Off Road Racing in Arizona. Oops, I mean TUCSON !!!
Is there some way that you could spread the word to keep these events happening?

DezRacer25

Too bad its the same wekend as the Baja 500. I support all AZ events since we don't have enough. Hard to get attendance when there all in Mexico. Winter series sounds good to me!!!!

Buckethd48

We're planning on racing unless something catastrophic happens.

Not sure I understand the schedule, is there practice and racing friday night? and then a practice at 11am and race at 9pm on Saturday?

SMS81

The reason for the gap in action on Saturday is that they will also be running stock cars on the asphalt. So even though the races are spread out there will still be action on the track. There are plenty of food and drink vendors to make it a great day of racing!

SMS81

Just left the TRP track. The Short course that they are building looks great. It is a plenty wide track with off camber corners and good size jumps! There is enough room for bigger tracks to accommodate pro 2s and 4s in the future. Hope to see all this Friday!

MikeLeung

Ok a bit more info.

There will be racing both Friday and Saturday. Friday will just be us, no asphalt guys, with heats and mains. Saturday, we'll be racing with the asphalt guys. Practice for the offroad cars will be at 11 am. After we are done with practice, they will need to clean the track for the asphalt guys to practice and race. The heats and mains for the offroad cars wont start till they are done...around 10 pm.

Entry - $100 with 50% payback. The entry will include 1 pit pass. Additional pit pass are available at $35 for adults and $20 for under 12. The pit pass is good for both days. Grandstand passes are $10 for adults, $3 for kids. Where I am unsure, and still haven't got word yet is where we are allowed to pit. If its in the pit lanes, then you will need a pit pass, but if they allow us to pit in the parking lot, then you wont need a pits pass. Until I hear other wise, plan on the worse case...having pit pass for all your crew.

I know this is not the ideal with the timing and pit pass costs, but this is the first event, and if there is enough interest there will be other events.