art carr c4 shifter into ranger w/manual

singlehanded

Has anyone put an art carr shifter in a ranger? did you have to do anything special?Looks to me that I might have to fabb a plate for mounting or cutt into the floor a little so it will fit. I havent started taking the stock stuff out but was interested if anyone knew what I might have to do. It will give me a better idea if I will need to go get some plate or anything else,before I start. pictures would be awsome thanks

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
You didn't mention it in your post but I am assuming you are converting from a stick to an auto trans. I just finished installing mine and I took some 1/8 aluminum and covered the hole from the original transmission. Then moved the new shifter around until it was in a fairly comfortable place for me and bolted it down. The photo was prior to installation, and running the cable through the bottom of the cab. Eventually I'm planning to install a new dash, and I'll probably move it from the floor, up and closer to the steering wheel.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
If you have the factory console...mount it in there...it is very ergonomic.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.barneysprecision.com/fabproducts.htm> Fab Parts</A>