as far as a cab cage goes.....

toyotaguy

Reaction
will it be a good cage if I have one x on top and one along the back, bars running the same direction as my seats, and along the dash but in front for the sides(not along the width of the truck but height). and then obviously a bar on top of the dash. any ideas or help anyone has to offer would be appreciated

looking for info on quality tacoma long travel.....any ideas?

motoxscott

Reaction
Dont take this the wrong way, but who ever is building your cage should know what to do. If you're building it yourself I would look at what the "real" race trucks have and top the shops around do, dont just copy what you see other home built trucks doing, after all, who said they did it right. It's better to over build it then under.

The skunkz area here is great for getting ideas from.

-Scott

ESB4130

Reaction
it sounds insightful to do it...but i really really advise taking the time to pull the dash..build the cage perfect, and notch it and put it back in. the cage is for safety...keep that in mind...so when building it....always think "which way would be safer..." and then do it the safer way. and hes right...go examine how popular big name shops build cages...and shoot for that. you want it to tuck into the cab as tight as possible so you dont hit your head or limbs, and you want it to be as strong as possible, try to weld it all the way around or gusset extensively if you cant. over building is way better than underbuilding. the cage is meant to save your life, as well as the truck, and the stronger and more well-researched and thought out it is...the better it will do its job. if you dont think your up to the task of building it like the pros do...then have someone either help you or do it for you. most people will spend 400 bux on a bumper and 1000 on tires...but dont want to spend 1500 on a cage thats the single most important safety item on the whole truck. if your serious about it...dont cheap out on it.

Jordan

Reaction
Tae some time and search the net for pictures of toyota cab cages. Go to some shops and visit with some good racecar builders and get their thoughts. Do your research before building something as crucial as a cage that may or may not save your life one day.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jordansrealm.com/forsale.htm>My PreRunner is FOR SALE please CLICK HERE.</A>

robert_encinas

Reaction
the cage is basically the foundation for building the rest of your truck;suspension, hanging body panels,etc.
build it right and it could save you and your passengers life someday.