Ashleys trophy truck

FABRICATOR

Reaction
RE: "Certainly that thing weighs way too much to have any chance at winning against all those lighter lower horse power trophy trucks. ;-)"

Dave,
Are you talking about the Laughlin Leap or racing??? Perhaps it doesn't matter which you were referring too. We certainly aren't blaming you for the beast that's on the loose out there, but if your going to defend it, you can expect some questions and remarks.

Good handling is not enough to make up for not being able to out-accelerate or out-jump the others. The only thing it does is out-spend all others. And I still don't believe all wheel drive is the answer. Seems that when anyone builds something new and different, they leave out a prime ingredient. The Trail Blazers lacked stability. The Trophy Tank is starting to lack common sense.

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Curtis,

I think its for sale @ Baja Brokers.
I vaguely remeber seeing one similar there.

-Gabe

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: The only thing it does is out-spend all others. And I still don't believe all wheel drive is the answer.

It sounds to me like you have more distaste and envy over the money thing than anything else. Why would you care how much someone spends on their hobby? Have you ever ridden in a TT? Ever experienced the difference between a 2WD TT and a AWD TT? I know the Herbst guys have and their not sorry one bit they built an AWD.

Don't forget how many people told the Wright brothers it wouldn't work.... Trial and error goes a long way in developement.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

DPpatrol

Reaction
Would anyone be willing to elaborate on the Herbst traction control? Is it just a transfer case varying torque to the front and rear wheels, or is there also a torque varible differential which adjusts the torque at each individual wheel?

jason

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Dave,
You’da man! Sorry, I forgot, worthy projects always get the funding they deserve.

The checkered flags are just around the corner for Big Red! When they do get the AWD truck sorted out, the rest of us won’t stand a chance! Everyone involved with it should be very proud. (lol)

<font color=orange>The best ideas are the ones that look obvious to the casual observer.</font color=orange>

robert_encinas

Reaction
that truggy belongs to the moser brothers; greg wants to race it but needs help flipping the bill.
the last time i talked to him he said the seat was open to who-ever wanted to pitch in financially.

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Any idea what the $ amount is? I'm assuming that it is in the 4-figure range, right? Is the first number a low number, like a 3 or a 4?

Jimmy8

Reaction
Wasnt Collins charging $10,000 for a one race ride in the third seat of his TT for a while.

Trophy Truck #15
Class 8 #8080

mgobaja

Reaction
As far as I am aware of that was never the case. Brian had some of his crew people ridding in all of the races except for Laughlin in 2001 , when Eric Record rode in the truck as a publicist. Now he has for the last few races ( Baja 1000, San Felipe ) had the same person in the truck .

Jimmy8

Reaction
Just rumor I had heard, it would be a smart move to do it, if you could find someone to pay the money. Instant paycheck even if you lost the race.

Trophy Truck #15
Class 8 #8080