ATTENTION ProTruck owners, wanna race the Baja 1000?

MTPyle

Reaction
Watched the 4700 guys race at Laughlin. It was a fun class to watch. It’s like mini TT’s. They seemed to run pretty fast and let it hang out there. No offense to UTV, TL, or other Smaller classes but 4700 seemed like legit desert racing trucks. I would watch them over the golf carts any day. They have the power to get themselves in real trouble. Haha.

I loved the Pro trucks. So this should make for a great class.

Mike

dislocated1

Reaction
Speaking of pro-trucks.... Is there a list of chassis numbers and owners out there? Kinda like the big TT list that used to be floating around on here?

PeeWee just got chassis number 4 from Vest and wondered the history of the truck before he had it

jeepspeedcom

Reaction
i love the concept, i just hope it stays close compitition wise, , 4700 dosent need a tt 900hp monster, stinkn'up the ' show', i think there should be a drag race break out , bracket style, if you are too fast, aaaa, buu bye

We have applied the 20 years experience with our other classes .Keep it simple. 4700 is only one page of rules. Anything is welcome 123" wheelbase or less. With 18" front travel limit and 37" tires 900hp is tough to handle. Momentum is what it is all about. So, Pro Trucks, Class 8 , 7200, 1400, 1450 , Ultra4, and all are welcome. Must run Generals and have Jeep or Dodge front grill and body. Trailer Products have a Jeepspeed total Pro Truck body conversion kit for under $2k.

jon coleman

Reaction
cool, a catch all , all those classes are all close enough avg.mph. wise, but if i win the lotto, im racing this class, i can show up in an Old 8 truck& have fun, or a brand new 1400 truck and still go just as fast👍

joshmx88

Reaction
Watched the 4700 guys race at Laughlin. It was a fun class to watch. It’s like mini TT’s. They seemed to run pretty fast and let it hang out there. No offense to UTV, TL, or other Smaller classes but 4700 seemed like legit desert racing trucks. I would watch them over the golf carts any day. They have the power to get themselves in real trouble. Haha.

I loved the Pro trucks. So this should make for a great class.

Mike

I thought the 6100 trucks were supposed to be mini tt's??

MTPyle

Reaction
6100 are not mini. They are pretty much TT’s. In fact many started life as TT. 6100 just has less power, which really makes them less exciting. The power to weight of 6100 isn’t great. Although with the new engine upgrade it’s a lot more fun and zippier.

The 4700 are smaller and light but with 500hp or so. So they have a better power to weight than a 6100.

I guess my point was that when I was watching the 4700 at Laughlin they seemed like they had more power and more exciting than most other classes. I can see it being like a 1450 class but all tube and lighter and faster. The 1450 guys are also fun to watch.

Mike

jon coleman

Reaction
i used to love being on the track w 1400/1450, they were fun to dice with, pull away on straights, then i could Almost catch them in really technical stuff, and they always looked like the ragged edge of control, of course thats 8+ years ago, the class is Waaay faster today

Samco Fab

Reaction
The Ashley Smith truck had all new pivot points and control arms, You could see where they modified it when you crawled around it. That thing had to have decent front and rear travel, my guess would be 22 front and 27" rear ish. They tested a lot, and were great racers.

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Even now I doubt it's over 20 in the front. Watch the tires in the vid, they don't move much.

If you sat that chassis on a table next to a PT chassis, you would be surprised how similar they are.

Edit: when I get home later this week I'll get some calipers and do a scale measurement of a screen shot.

BajaFand

Reaction
We have applied the 20 years experience with our other classes .Keep it simple. 4700 is only one page of rules. Anything is welcome 123" wheelbase or less. With 18" front travel limit and 37" tires 900hp is tough to handle. Momentum is what it is all about. So, Pro Trucks, Class 8 , 7200, 1400, 1450 , Ultra4, and all are welcome. Must run Generals and have Jeep or Dodge front grill and body. Trailer Products have a Jeepspeed total Pro Truck body conversion kit for under $2k.
I think the class is actually a great idea to hopefully get some old trucks back out and running. Every one of your other programs revolves around the Jeep brand, but I guess I just don’t understand why a Protruck or an old Chevy class 8 has to have a Dodge body? If there was factory support or affiliation it would make sense but what’s the point of making guys run that body but it’s perfectly fine to run an LS3?