ATTENTION ProTruck owners, wanna race the Baja 1000?

misterktm

Reaction
Speaking of pro-trucks.... Is there a list of chassis numbers and owners out there? Kinda like the big TT list that used to be floating around on here?

PeeWee just got chassis number 4 from Vest and wondered the history of the truck before he had it
I know Troy bought it from Geno Licitra from Redmond Oregon. Geno became Troys co-driver for a long time. Not sure if he was the original purchaser or not though.

I think ours is chassis #17. According to Devin (Mango) who had like 4 of them at one time - they are all a little different. He said they would get one truck totally dialed in and try to apply the same exact set up to the next one and it didn't work, they had to tweak the setting on each truck fairly substantially to get them to perform the same.

Pee Wee

Reaction
We had the same issue with our Trophylites. Same setup didn’t produce same results.

desertspeed

Reaction
So to circle back to the original post- any 4700s planning on racing the 1000 this year? We definitely are- the peninsula runs are special. I don't know if SCORE recognizes the jeepspeed classes or whether we will have to run sportsman? I hope not because that puts you so far back in the slower classes right from the start. I guess the Protrucks could just run with any other Protrucks....

jeepspeedcom

Reaction
SCORE recognizers other Jeepspeed classes so pretty confident they will recognize 4700. Will keep you updated later. Thanks for the interest every one looking at this thread. Sorry Rory did not mean to hijack your 2 year old post.

Advantage West

Reaction
Score has a 4700 class. We ran 4700 in last years San Felipe 350, I mean 250. They need to push 4700 starting order up further, like BITD is now. I keep trying to tell the wife I'll meet her in Cabo for the 1000, the date of our 25th Anniversary, it's not working though.

desertspeed

Reaction
Score has a 4700 class. We ran 4700 in last years San Felipe 350, I mean 250. They need to push 4700 starting order up further, like BITD is now. I keep trying to tell the wife I'll meet her in Cabo for the 1000, the date of our 25th Anniversary, it's not working though.

Keep trying!!! :)

misterktm

Reaction
We would consider running it if we got a group of trucks in the class. Cost is crazy expensive...but we would consider.

misterktm

Reaction
When I ran the 50th anniversary 1000 with Steve Strobel and Troy in Steve's trophy truck they had a pit deal that was put together by Jimco. Justin Lofton, Strobel/Vest, Spitfire (out of Texas) and Billy Wilson all came together and pitted as a team. They all had Jimco trophy trucks of course...but the Loftin team did a pit, Strobel did a pit, Vest, spitfire etc. I think Jimco did one pit as well. So they were all stationary, waited for each truck to come through before they pulled up stakes and moved on to where ever they wanted to go. It worked pretty well - saved everyone a bunch of money, not having to chase down the peninsula with multiple rigs leap frogging each other - or coming with enough people/crew individually to make it work. There were still a couple chassers of course - but all the pits were set up and ready. All of us with very similar trucks have a pretty good opportunity to do the same thing if we came together to do it.

Jkrell

Reaction
When I ran the 50th anniversary 1000 with Steve Strobel and Troy in Steve's trophy truck they had a pit deal that was put together by Jimco. Justin Lofton, Strobel/Vest, Spitfire (out of Texas) and Billy Wilson all came together and pitted as a team. They all had Jimco trophy trucks of course...but the Loftin team did a pit, Strobel did a pit, Vest, spitfire etc. I think Jimco did one pit as well. So they were all stationary, waited for each truck to come through before they pulled up stakes and moved on to where ever they wanted to go. It worked pretty well - saved everyone a bunch of money, not having to chase down the peninsula with multiple rigs leap frogging each other - or coming with enough people/crew individually to make it work. There were still a couple chassers of course - but all the pits were set up and ready. All of us with very similar trucks have a pretty good opportunity to do the same thing if we came together to do it.

Thats a great idea!

Phoenix0783

Reaction
I know Troy bought it from Geno Licitra from Redmond Oregon. Geno became Troys co-driver for a long time. Not sure if he was the original purchaser or not though.

I think ours is chassis #17. According to Devin (Mango) who had like 4 of them at one time - they are all a little different. He said they would get one truck totally dialed in and try to apply the same exact set up to the next one and it didn't work, they had to tweak the setting on each truck fairly substantially to get them to perform the same.
Licitra wasn't the original owner. I can't remember who they bought it from but the tubing was full of lead from the previous owner.

Edit: I just talked him. Chuck Harris was the original owner. He says if the current owner every gets rid of it to call him first.

Last edited:

Pee Wee

Reaction
Licitra wasn't the original owner. I can't remember who they bought it from but the tubing was full of lead from the previous owner.

Edit: I just talked him. Chuck Harris was the original owner. He says if the current owner every gets rid of it to call him first.

So is Harris the original owner?

Phoenix0783

Reaction
So is Harris the original owner?
As far as I know. I neglected to ask.

He broke his back or something in the truck so he added all the lead. I think the Licitras got it all out over time, but they didn't know that when they first got it.