attn race fans-- barstow

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
Just FYI, my truck got broken into at this last MDR race in Barstow... I didn't even get to enjoy the race... They trashed the ignition, broke the steering column, broke the windows, among all the other misc damage. I had to have my truck TOWED from Barstow to OC ($400!!!) all because of these a-holes and me not being able to find anyone with an available trailer/etc (I couldn't get the truck to turn and it was stuck in park--couldn't get into neutral)...

Make a long story short, the officer that took the report said that they are getting a lot of this lately---specifically with off-road trucks. They think that these people are stealing them to obtain parts for their own trucks. LUCKILY, for me, they didn't get mine--- only damaged it.

BUT BE ON THE WATCH!!!!!!!!!!

(I have pics if anyone is interested)

=(

<font color=orange>CU OFRD
Ah...so many pedestrains, so little time </font color=orange>

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
Motel 6 off of Yucca st/Main St in Barstow,CA this last Saturday morning (from 130am-630am).... truck was the only "prerunner" in the parking lot...so, if they were looking for "stock" parts, they could've taken the brand new "stock" honda accord next to mine...they were looking for off-road crap.

Protech975

Reaction
All Racers! coming to the Barstow area!
As a 43 years resident of Barstow and fellow racer I apologize for all the I failed spelling going on in this town! It's only getting worse! For future reference when coming to Barstow to race and you are planning on spending the night! "DO NOT" stay in any of the down town hotels, especialy thoses on Yucca Street! this area is right in the middle of the worse part of town and the tweakers live for the chance to take stuff at night from out of towners! There is a brand new Holiday Inn Express right next to the race track on Lenwood Rd. that would be a much better choice but still! "LOCK EVERYTHING UP" and disable your ignition! I hope this does not deter people from wanting to come and race in Barstow! Thanks Rob S.

martininsocal

Reaction
Rob- I thought the cops were getting a handle on these meth freaks? Last I heard, they had arrested everyone for stolen property posession and had prints and names for the "gang". While they don't get to spend much time in the graybar hotel for this crap, don't you guys know who they are?

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
"locking everything up" and disabling the ignition is not going to stop these people.. a-hem.. that's what i did. I say that we set them up - inform the PD about it.. see what they think. Hey, it's all about "community policing".. getting the community involved in the solutions to their problems. I'd even offer those a-holes a second "go" at my truck as long as I got dibs on the first run through the desert with them cuffed to my bumper!

Bonzen

Reaction
Opel, i feel your pain..my 97 tacoma prerunner(if you could call it that) was stolen, and throwen off a 700 foot cliff about 3 years ago.....I F-ing hate thevies. I understand. I hope you get some insurance for it and can make it nice again.

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com

THNKPNK

OG Offroad Chick
Reaction
Thanks for the sympathy-- right now i'm in a buick century rental and DYING looking at all the "prerunners" that I can't "rev" on in anaheim! =(