ATTN: SAN FELIPE TRAVELERS!!!

Snmiedo

Reaction
Attention all racers, chasers and race fans heading for San Felipe. Be sure to bring your birth certificate or passport with photo identification (driver's license) with a Mexican FM-T, which is otherwise known as a "Tourist Card." The "Tourist Cards" can be easily attained at most Mexico Insurance brokers or travel agents with the aforementioned credentials.

My family has been significantly delayed at the Mexicali border entry this morning (2/27/02) because of the new enforcement of this travel requirement from 1999, which states that any tourist traveling south of any Mexico border city must have this card.

I’m not posting this to alarm anyone as they are simple to get while insuring your vehicle or the "Tourist Card" can be attained at the border immigration check. I want everyone to make it to San Felipe with as little effort and aggravation as possible.
See you in San Felipe!

Michael Cohen – Race Ready Products

JCA

Reaction
thanks michael. They have always said to get one but never inforced it. Guess they are now. Thanks again for the heads up.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Pops

Reaction
The FM-T (tourist permit) is needed for travel south of San Felipe or south of Ensenada or if you are going to be in Mexico for over 72 hours (location doesn't matter). They have been asking for it at Guerro Negro Immigration Station (the border of Baja California and B.C.S.).

Pit Support (Riviera Racing)

Attachments

Dave_G

Reaction
You should also be aware that if you use a birth certificate instead of a passport it must be a certified copy and not just a xerox copy.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
More on birth cert.......It must be the original, with the raised seal. Not the one the hospital issues. The one you get for the state. My suggestion, get yourself a passport and avoid the aggravation...Be safe

Speed Safely

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: More on birth cert.......It must be the original, with the raised seal.

I don't think so. Early birth certificates like mine have no raised seal. The mexican government only requires it to be an original OR a notorized copy of the original. I've been using my notorized copy for the past 20 years for traveling to mexico with no problem. Besides, my wife's birth cert was issued in Weisbaden Germany and the mexicans can't even read it and they accept it! ;-)

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Re: I don't think so. Early birth certificates like mine have no raised seal.

Dave-

WOW! Did they even have birth cert's WAY BACK THEN? It's probably carved from stone, with the information chiseled in huh? That thing must be a b*tch to whip out at the border.

Just kidding bud!

See everyone in S.F., Good luck to all competitors, and safe trip to all!

"Get Creative!"

Tony B.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Our team had 0 problems and didnt even get asked for ID once!

Go Big Or Go Home

mustafa

Reaction
We were worried about crossing with 6 gas cans and they waved us through without even looking at trailer or even asking questions. I did hear that some people were
hassled for bringing firewood over and had to pay.

He who lives by the sword, gets shot by those who don't.