atv steering stabilizer?

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
What kind do you guys run? I'm not sure which is a good brand. I was looking at the simpler one's that won't require me to change my steering stem

calexiraptor

Reaction
if you have a stock stem then you would go with a stick type staby or a precision or elka system 3 staby, if you do have anti-vibe stem then you can go with a gpr staby

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
if you have a stock stem then you would go with a stick type staby or a precision or elka system 3 staby
yeah i'm on a stock stem, i'm pretty much doing a low budget setup for some of those VORRA races.

Is there any big difference between the stick types, or is it all pretty much the same?

MAGC86

Reaction
yeah i'm on a stock stem, i'm pretty much doing a low budget setup for some of those VORRA races.

Is there any big difference between the stick types, or is it all pretty much the same?
I said buy yourself a good aftermarket stem and go with an RTT stabilaizer og GPR or SCotts

ColoradoZQ8

Reaction
I might if i was gonna race regularly, but this year i might race twice, and next year i *might* race 4 times. At this point i just can't justify the new stem and another 500 for a GPR. as opposed to 150-200$ for a stick type.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
You could even go cheaper and make your own. Go to a parts store and order a VW bug steering dampner and make yourself the brackets. Only thing you will need extra is a heim end for the steering stem. I used one for years on my 250r and it worked fine. Still does actually

trentk

Reaction
I run a precision stabilizer on the 3 quads in my household. It is expensive but it works great. I know a lot of racers run it too.
It works on aftermarket and stock stems.

Good luck

Harpo

Reaction
I have run GPR, Elka System 3, Denton, PEP, and RTT.

The RTT is far superior to all of the others!

quad75

Reaction
Precision is the way to go, it's simple to adjust and lasts nearly forever before needing serviced.
The GPR is a cable routing nightmare as are any that mount on the top of the stem. The stick type are less expensive and some what effective for the price, however you will be rebuilding them after every race.

RacerX1

Reaction
I have a PEP type stabilizer (the stick type) and I've had it for 4 years (at least 60 races). It's still working fine and we've never done anything to it. I wanna say it was just over $100 bucks. :)