ATV Steering Stem / Bars?

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Gonna replace my stocker with an Anti-Vibe stem and oversized bars... Suggestions or recommendations? Also gonna get a stabilizer. Opinions??

Thanks in advance.

MDC RaCiNg

Reaction
I have a Tag +2 steering stem and some Tag T2 handle bars.. they make a world of a difference... I would recommend them defenitely..... as far as for stabilizer I would recommend a GPR because they have lifetime warranty and you can go to the GPR in Otay Mesa and get it serviced for free anytime you want. It only takes a couple of hours...but I have heard the for quads one of the top notch stabilizers are the precision steering stabilizers they go in the bottom if the stem but I have never used it......

New Bill Ballance edition in Yamaha Blue
Signed by the 6 time National Champion $499 complete
Available for the YFZ450 and the Raptor 700R
Works for all types of riding Dunes, MX, Trail, or XC

you can buy them here

http://www.precision-rp.com/

trentk

Reaction
I run a JD performance stem on my race quad. I use precision stabilizer on all 3 of the quads in the family. Lonestar racing also makes high quality stems.

RUFF_RYDER

Reaction
Ive only heard good things about LSR stems. On motosport you can get em in deals with bars(go all out and get the fasst bars and lsr stem)
As for stabalizers i rode with a scotts on my buddys dads quad and it seems high quality.

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Ive only heard good things about LSR stems. On motosport you can get em in deals with bars(go all out and get the fasst bars and lsr stem)
As for stabalizers i rode with a scotts on my buddys dads quad and it seems high quality.
I was looking at Motosport plus they ship 2nd day air free. I run LSR Arms & Hubs and have been happy with them so far. Don't know if I got Flexx $$ though:D

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Steering stems are a matter of preference. They all accomplish the same thing and most of the name brands ones are top quality. Which ever one, LSR, Houser, Roll, are all good. Have used all and I couldnt really say one was better than the other. We have one from Golden West Cycle that we like on our Guilty 450r and it was priced good. Plus 2 inches. Stabilizers, the Precision (IMO) is my favorite. Very adjustable. GPR is very nice to be able to adjust on the fly if thats what you like. Elka`s is very ver nice but is pricey. Bars, for a Honda I would say the CR High Bend. Those new x/c bars (Faast bars) with the little rubber cushions are awesome but you pay for it.

Richie_Bobby

Reaction
On our race bike we have a +2 stem, a gpr stabilizer and tag metals handlebars. And on my bike i have a custom stem made by hydro dynamics, pro taper handlebars with a golden west cycle stabilizer.

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Thanks guys I am going with a Tag stem and Precision Stabilizer from Golden West Cycle as I bought my Long Travel and Axle from them. My parts took a little bit longer to arrive then originally told but John @GWC was ultra cool and hooked me up with graphics and race stickers and even installed my axle and hubs late Friday so I could get out of town.

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
I run the FLEXX Bars with a FUEL ATV anti vibe steering stem on my LTR-450

Hayward Racing

Reaction
I run the FLEXX Bars with a FUEL ATV anti vibe steering stem on my LTR-450
Flexx would be nice but I also plan on purchasing a stabilzer and that's a little outta my budget. I checked Fuels website and they don't make anything for my quad!

Harpo

Reaction
If you want the best and that you will notice the most difference!

Flexx Handlebars w/anti-vibe inserts

RTT Stabilizer with control switch

PERIOD!

I have ran several bars and several stabilizers (Denton, PEP, Precision, GPR, Elka 5) and these are by far the best!

Hayward Racing

Reaction
If you want the best and that you will notice the most difference!

Flexx Handlebars w/anti-vibe inserts

RTT Stabilizer with control switch

PERIOD!

I have ran several bars and several stabilizers (Denton, PEP, Precision, GPR, Elka 5) and these are by far the best!
Does RTT make a model for Yamaha Raptor? Looked on their site but nada. I want to go FLEXX bars but probably won't have the money as I'm on a strict budget trying to get my quad how want it for the 2nd half of the season!

Last edited:

Hayward Racing

Reaction
Does anyone one know if a Precision Stabilizer for a YFZ450 will fit on a Raptor700?

shooei

Reaction
For your stem, dont waste your time and go with Roll Design. (760) 731-5920

Bars? Tag T2.

A Vance

Reaction
Stems are all the same. No real reason to guy one over another. Have had nothing but bad luck with gpr. Precision is super nice. And handle bars are a matter of bend prefernce.

sstrunk

Reaction
I agree with co pilot stems are all the same I would go with what ever one you get a good price on. I use the tag +2 and I like it a lot. I would not get a GPR stabilizer they are not reliable. they seem to break a lot.

A Vance

Reaction
Good call on the gpr. I know strunk has used them and so have i. They break way too often. I have a precision and would not use another but have not tried the elka. It is pretty close to the same set up. A gpr is made for a bike not the width and leverage of a quad like elka or precision.