• Forum membership has its advantages....

August Meeting Notes...

JenDiggityDirt

Patrick...Glad Melissa is doing better. There were several people who were close to passing out from the heat (including me)...just like in the desert, it's important to have plenty of water!!! Thanks to Mr. Pat Kapko who kicked down some icy cold water or I would have seriously blacked out. (note for next time: bring an ice chest!). Riverside really isn't that hot all the time. It's just August, ya know? ................................................................... John...Glad you had a good time. I was hoping for your first time out the turn-out wouldn't suck and I guessed it worked because there were more people there than we've ever had. Your model rocks! Dave definitely has some talent!..........................................................Dave, you definitely have some talent!!! It was way cool finally meeting you and Chaili. I felt like I already knew you guys through our emails, but it was nice to finally put a face to the personalities! John's model was one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life. I didn't want him to put it away because I wanted to keep checking out all that detail! I hope we can all get together again soon, perhaps under less hellishly hot conditions!.....................................Thanks to Kyle LeDuc for providing so much in-air entertainment. He was the hit of the day along with Pat Kapko, Shaun Glessner, Greg, and Dan (of course). I know there were more people jumping out at Chuck's but I didn't see them. Next time there has to be a rule: no jumping until I get there, damn it!.......................Of course, VERY big thanks to Chuck for giving us city folks a place to hang out and have fun! Playing at Strange Acres MAKES the monthly meetings. ..............................................................................Finally I'm going to just copy and paste a note I made on our website, but I just want to say that I know for the most part it is not the IP Members causing some of the problems we've been having, but I'm writing it here so as many people as possible can read it...........................{note from prerunners.com} Today we had our August Meeting in Riverside and it was our biggest one yet! There were at least 100 trucks in attendance and the jumping at Chuck Stranges' afterwards was a great show as usual. Thanks to everyone who came out, especially the guys from Mountain Dew who helped cool everyone off with some cold, refreshing new CODE RED flavored Dew! There are a couple of things we need to address. First, please remember Chuck is inviting us to his home out of generosity and goodwill. He likes to see everyone have a good time and we all thank him so much for that. Leaving your trash all over the property is really NOT very cool. Please, don't be leaving cans, bottles, and other trash on the property. Same goes for the trash at Farmer Boys. They allow us to meet there and have always been very cool to us. Lastly, and most importantly, people MUST stop driving fast on the dirt road to Chuck's house (Webster) or anywhere in the neighborhood. If they don't it's going to put an end to the after-meeting fun. It's tempting to get all crazy as soon as you hit the dirt, but it's not worth it if it's going to screw things up for everyone. Please respect what we have worked so hard to make happen and be cool (whether at Chuck's or at Farmer Boys or any other event we put together). Please take the time at the next meeting to get alternate directions to Chuck's (check the IP table) and avoid Webster altogether. I heard someone was arrested leaving Chuck's tonight and their truck was impounded (any info on this would be appreciated...email me!). This wouldn't have happened if the cops hadn't been called for people hauling ass and driving stupid on the roads leading to Chuck's. Thanks in advance for not doing these things next time. For your own good I would also suggest not drinking at the meetings or Chucks...not only is drinking and driving lame but duh if there's cops around you're just setting yourself up for trouble.
P.S. The pictures are up!...................................................................Ok Phew, I'm done! Hopefully we'll see everyone at T&J's next Saturday afternoon! Dromo afterwards? Anyone? Anyone?

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

gary

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT!!! we got to farmer boys a little late-like 330, and all that was there was jen's truck in the parking lot. i was so hoping for some directions taped to the windshield or something, but to no avail. so we sat and had lunch and tried to come up with a plan to find chuck's house-never been there, and forgot to get the directions from home-whoops...so as we sit, a sweet white explorer from perry's fab and fiber cruises up, and we talk. we're all looking for strange's, but nobody knows where it's at. 2 more trucks arrive, all from perry's, and we think we know where we're going...so we caravan up van buren towards the 215, where we see lots of fiberglassed trucks coming from. somebody tells us to go to the ramona expressway, and from there we just wander, all 4 trucks. drove around for an hour or two, couldn't find a damn thing. decided at like 5:30 to give up, and came home. so, just for dumb ass me, can you please post the directions to chuck's house again, for next time??? i was there in spirit, just so you know.....

vwguy

any of you drinking at farmer boys be forwarned, that is public property and you will get arrested because that is drinking in public.

its not speeding unless its a triple digit

JenDiggityDirt

Gary...that sucks pretty hard. I'm sorry about that. I normally put directions on my windshield but I figured with how many people were out there no one else could possibly show up after 3:00. I just heard from Matt McNeil about that, too. Yikes, I feel awful. I haven't put directions to Chuck's up our of respect for his privacy but perhaps we ought to . Let me talk to him, k? Sorry again. You didn't see everyone from the Ramona Expressway??? You can totally see right across to the property (it's across from the huge Lowe's warehouse). Oh well...nothing I can do about it now but do know I'm sorry we missed you all :(

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

gary

no problem...it's not your fault, it was mine. i'll be there next time for sure, though. how far down the ramona expressway was it????

John Bitting

Administrator
Gary dont tell me Blue toyota with 3 people in the front behind 3 mcniel trucks??? I was in a white fullsize chevy and was on my way home about a mile from farmer boys and I saw you guys... It was about 4:15

poolman

I was glad to finally get out to a meeting.I was very impressed by the nice equipment that was out there.I wish I lived alot closer(I'm in PHX)If you want to come to Phoenix for a Arizona road trip you can all stay at my house!Nice to meet all the people that you just write to all the time.See you all somewhere,poolman

poolman

gary

yup, that was us. i recognized your truck too, by the 3 lites on the front bumper. kinda didn't fit in with the mcneil stuff, huh???