aussie build

dags777

Reaction
thanks 7oyo7a, we are hoping to have it shaken down and ready for a short course race in late march/early april. then a long course after that so we can have a serious crack at Waikerie endure.
for 2014 it will be do events we like to do, 2015 if we can afford it and we are up to it we may have a crack at aorc/arb.

bandit I finally got those measurements! track is roughly 2 metres, base roughly 3.1 m
tailshaft is 1.05 and trailing arms 1.25

dags777

Reaction
sorry for lack of updates....its almost down to the boring bits! brake lines are done, radiator plumbed, fuel system finished. its at a hydraulic shop at the moment having power steer, trans, engine plumbed to the coolers. dash is 80% built and will be finished off/tidied up when the car goes off for paint in the next 2 weeks. from the paint shop its off to have the motec PDM wired in all pretty like which hopefully will be early-mid feb. photos will be posted when I get it back from the paint shop and start replacing everything!

dags777

Reaction
95% finished. in for wiring at the moment then dyno and dial in shocks.
last job is learn how to drive!

dags777

Reaction
got it on the dyno after 14 odd months build time. cant wait to get testing and start dialling in the king shocks!

70Y07A

Reaction
looking pretty tough. cant wait how she handles the whoops. are you guys tuning the shocks yourself? who did you guys go through to get them?

dags777

Reaction
7OY, we are getting king shocks Australia to help tune them, they've been a great help so far and I cant say enough good things about them.
mcm, we are running 2.5 race series coil overs and 3.5 race 5 tube bypass.

dags777

Reaction
put the car on scales last night. with 1/4 tank of fuel each corner comes in at 450kg. stoked with the balance at the moment!

MCM MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
Great choice. Althought to be honest. I am a little biased. I am pretty good mates with King Skocks Australia. Looking forward to seeing your Colorado in the desert. Good luck.

dags777

Reaction
I drove the Colorado out of the shed on sunday instead of pushing it! yay me. did about 10 minutes of driving softly to make sure theres no leaks etc. MCM if you know the king blokes youll have to tell them to get down to me so we can dial in the shocks!
ive attached a tiny clip for your viewing pleasure!

MCM MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
Truck looks great. It must be amazing to get the first drive done. We are hoping for a similar moment in a week or so. But a class 7.

Have you spoken with Brad or Michael regarding a test session mate?

I believe there is a couple of test days out at Finke. (Unsure if they are full or not) There is a couple of us heading out there like previous years. Are you looking to do Finke '14?

dags777

Reaction
ive spoken with thme both about testing and tuning however brad is a hard man to pin down! we plan on racing at sea lake the june long weekend so wont be doing finke. alice springs is about 2000 kms away from us so a bit far to travel just to dial in the shocks.
got any details on the class 7 youre doing? darran@rmaw.com.au is my email, feel free to hit me up there

MCM MOTORSPORTS

Reaction
I know what you are saying mate. It sure is a long way. Sea lake is a great race. I am pretty lucky. I am just a couple of km away from the workshop and i help them out from time to time.

Class 7 is a Holden jackaroo. I am keeping pictures up my sleeve until it is finished. (Sorry) I will share at a later date though.
- Budget build. (Smart money use unless it was safety related)
- King shocks.
- Momo seats and wheel.
- Stock petrol V6. (For now)
- Hopefully starting testing prior to the Finke.
- Looking to debut the car at Goondiwindi with Michael. (The car belongs to Michael and myself))

70Y07A

Reaction
Dags the truck is looking awesome. I bet you cant wait for the first competitive drive. all the best at Sea Lake.
MCM is that the white one they had a Gundy a couple years ago.?

dags777

Reaction
Mcm, brad is down tomorrow for tuning the shocks!!
Cheers 70y. Can't wait to get it dialled in this weekend and hopefully drive next weekend!!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Offroad Cartel

Reaction
Looks good Dags!
Should be fun to see it racing - there is plenty of action in Class 5 these days!

dags777

Reaction
first race!! section 1 went really well, up by a minute in class 5, sunday saw our engine oil cooler fill up with dirt causing us to retire before we did more damage.
the car drives great and the king shocks are awesome!