Auto transmission fun (AL4D)

sirhk100

Reaction
Well I've got a '92 Exploder and it finallly lived up to the name yesterday. Any of you with automatic transmission knowledge any info would be great. I pulled up to a stop light and the vehicle stalled. I put it in park and started it up. As soon as I put it in drive or any gear including reverse it stalls. Kinda like if you were to dump the clutch on a manual at idle. Anyways, I had a friend pull it home on the trailer. The whole time I'm thinking torque convertor. The truck still rolls fine in nutural. I pulled the rear drive shaft and started it up and it went through the gears fine. So, with that I'm thinking the transmission is fine. I'm pretty sure the torque conertor is locked up solid so it's acting like a direct drive. Does that sound right? Is there anything external that controls the function of the torque convertor to check before I drop the transmission? Any other info or ideas?

Khris

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
I beleive the A4LD converter locks up electronicly. May not be 100% sure but maybe an electrical problem????? anyone???

Duct tape is like the Force.It has a light side and a dark side,and it holds the universe together.