Autofab F-150 Motor Mounts..........

motoxscott

Reaction
Has anyone here installed the Autofab motor mounts for their F-150 ? If so how easy was it ? I'm just trying to figure out how much work it will be. What do you guys think of these ?

In_the_works

Reaction
I saw those a while back and tried to get some info on them, but no one on this board had any experience with 'em. They look solid, but I don't know if they use the stock holes.

murphco

Reaction
I've had them on my truck for over 2 years and I haven't had a single problem with them yet. The hardest part about the installation is removing the stock mounts. The best part about them is if you ever need to replace the bushings (high unlikely), it's only like $10 for all four of them. Might want to hit them with the rattle can or get them powdercoated.

motoxscott

Reaction
Hey Joe,

How hard was it to remove the stock mounts? How much did you have to lift the motor to make the switch?

-Scott

fly97ford

Reaction
I just got mine done, its the first 4.0L motor-mounts he's made and I lent him my truck for a couple of weeks so he can do the development on them. I love it! A little more vibration now since they don't allow the motor to move as much but that is ok. The 4.0L stock-wise does flop around alot and with the OEM vibration damper I didn't notice it as much.

All-in-all, a good investment!! Can go wrong with Autofab's motor mounts!!

tre5

Reaction
How much do they want for those? do they utilize stock holes? I would be interested to know.
Later

motoxscott

Reaction
They retail for $240 and bolt right up to existing rivet holes. The stock mounts are riveted to the frame.

I ordered up a set so I'll let you know how the install goes very soon.

-Scott

tre5

Reaction
yeah, let me know how it goes.
Thanks

hoeker

Reaction
the mounts are very nice, not sure how difficult to install with the engine in the chassis, the set i helped on were easy without the engine. take a look under your truck, all the rivets that hold the current brakets to the frame need to be removed, some could be difficult.

www.rosshoek.com