ALTA VISTA EVENTS/BAJA PROMOTIONS
– P.O. Box 2141, California City, CA 93504 – 661-524-1550 – email@example.com - www.averacing.com –
For immediate press release…
California City, CA – August 10, 2017 – AVE/BP Racing:
INFORMATION ABOUT THE AUTOMATED FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM FOR 2017 & 2018
The rules stipulate that: ***Rule Added February 7, 2017 to be fully integrated as a rule by August 7, 2017-
***Integrated and automated on-board fire extinguishing/suppression systems are a must, after August 7, 2017, in addition to the portable fire extinguishers. Portable and on-board fire extinguishing/suppression systems must be within 24 months of manufacture or recertification date. Vehicles equipped with an on-board automated fire extinguishing/suppression system must still meet requirements of 2.5 lb. or greater portable extinguishers.
Recognizing that we are two-thirds into the 2017 PURE UTV Series we have made a decision:
1. The deadline with complying with rule 10.9: FIRE EXTINGUISHER- FUTVI COMPETITION RULE BOOK 2016-2017 has been extended through December 31, 2017.
2. All FIRE EXTINGUISHER regulations remain en-force except for the automated system, which will become mandatory JANUARY 1, 2018.
3. Those of you who have already integrated an automated fire suppression system, can race with them. Because you have complied, AVE/BP Racing will give you a 2018, $100.00 Certificate for each remaining race (2), if you participate, to be used in any of the seven events scheduled for 2018.
4. Only one certificate per event can be used for either the Sportsman Classes or Pro Classes.
5. In order to receive your $100.00 Gift Certificate(s), you must provide a copy of your purchase invoice or bill of sale for the automated suppression system when you send your entry. We will verify with the company and annotate that in your race records. Your gift certificate will be attached to your entry when you check-in before the race.
6. Everyone else, we strongly recommend that you step into the automated on-board fire extinguishing/suppression system before the next season of the 2018 PURE UTV OFF-ROAD RACING SERIES.
For additional information, please contact us; firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.averacing.com.