Awesome looking scale crawler RTR - The Axial SCX10 TR

Bellvis

I picked up the SCX10 TR 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. This is my first crawler/scaler and I am hooked. My short course trucks are jealous.

This is how she sits now. Will add a 2.4 system soon.

The LED lights are awesome also. Next I will be adding 6 white LED's for the roof.

call-911

Did the wheels come that way? How is the radio/electronics that it came with? I'm thinking about picking one up. I have a $60 off coupon from Tower Hobbies so I would be able to get it around $240 + tax & shipping.

Bellvis

Did the wheels come that way? How is the radio/electronics that it came with? I'm thinking about picking one up. I have a $60 off coupon from Tower Hobbies so I would be able to get it around $240 + tax & shipping.
The stock wheels are the chrome Axial ones with the grey rings. I bought the black Axial ones online the day that I got the truck. I hate chrome so those were the first things to go.

The radio and electronics are the same as Axials other RTR trucks. 27 turn motor and a AM radio. Nothing special. The electronics do not come waterproof, but it would be pretty easy to make everything.

I absolutely love this truck and highly recommend it for a scaler. I got mine for $275 from Ultimate Hobbies in Orange, CA. Everywhere else had them for $299.

KrAzY-Baja

dang you all lol I bought it :D
took off the shock bumpstops on the shock shaft to get more articulation and raised the body posts up 3 holes :cool: great truck

Bellvis

Very nice Krazy-Baja!

Did you move the battery up front?

I just installed 6 LED lights onto my roof light bar and it is great. I will get some pics up soon.

KrAzY-Baja

what battery are your running Bellvis? im running 2s lipos
can you get a pick of how you have the battery up front?
did you put the battery tray up front?
and how did you clear the servo?

also I just cut my tire foams down and drilled an air hole in all the wheels so the tire can form around the terrain better

Bellvis

what battery are your running Bellvis? im running 2s lipos
can you get a pick of how you have the battery up front?
did you put the battery tray up front?
and how did you clear the servo?
I am using a 4200 6cell ProMatch Nimh and a 3700 6cell Orion Nimh battery. Still have not made the jump to Lipo's yet. Will shortly though.

In the manual there is a break-down picture of how to mount the battery up front. There is a small bag with some small pegs that came with the truck that you use and also the long screws that came in the small bag with the green dot markers. It lifts the battery tray over the electronics box and servo to clear them. It definitely drives better with the weight over the front axle.
I am now tempted to move the electronics box to the rear so it looks like a fuel cell.

I will get some pics up soon.

KrAzY-Baja

well just put the battery in front and its way better for going up hills now!
only problem is there is no weight in the back so it just bounces around :D

Bellvis

Damn, I love this thing....

Installed 6 3mm LED's in the RPM light bar and made put the on/off switch in the dashboard under the radio.

gimme sand

Crawlers are so cool. I havent sacked up and bought one yet cause i know im gona get hooked! As if my T4 isnt expensive enough, if i got one of these i would blow all my cash on all the accessories

Bellvis

Awesome!! Where'd the light kit come from?
Ebay seller - RC-lighthouse.
$14 for 6 3mm LED's, on/off switch and hooked up to a 9v battery. Fast shipping and great to deal with.

Crawlers are so cool. I havent sacked up and bought one yet cause i know im gona get hooked! As if my T4 isnt expensive enough, if i got one of these i would blow all my cash on all the accessories
Just do it! The accessories are cheap!