axel housing

actionj

RDC Crypto
In the last race I broke a axel housing is there a way to make it stonger? in class 9what can be do to the trans to make it stronger? Is there anything that can be welded, to the trans make better?

PEST

RDC Crypto
Axle tubes. And to make the trans stronger you have to fork over a ton of money to a trans builder.

cogbox

RDC Crypto
Website
WWW.RCTRANS.COM
There Are Stronger Axle Tubes Made To Fix Your Problem. They Are More Than Twice As Thick As Stock Axle Tubes. But There Is A Problem, The End Casting Must Be Machined For The Larger Tube. You Can Also Put Axle Tube Stiffners On. But We Have Seen The Tube Bend Right Thru The Stiffner. Not Bad Enough To Lose A Race, Just Requireing You To Change The Tube Out After The Race. If You Want We Make You A Pair Of The Stronger Tubes. Or A Complete Set With Billet Axle Retainers And Machined End Casting With Solid Boots. Let Me Know If This Answers Your Questions ;)

mike_hinson

RDC Crypto
Website
www.Formulanine.com
John is the owner of RC Trans in Las Vegas. He builds awesome Class 9 transmissions. I run the tube stiffeners and have not had a problem with them. Where you get in trouble is going air borne and coming down sideways on the rear wheel. Tremendous amount of stress is put on the drum, axle and axle tube. It is amazing just how much abuse they can take before they bend.
Mike Hinson-938

9Iron

RDC Crypto
axle tubes, does any one make a stronger one, or is there a class 9 legal stonger tube

If you are using a stock axle, try a bus axle tube. they're .120 and press in where the stock one comes out of the end casting. after market axles won't work, they are too big in diameter. if you want it stronger use the overtubes mentioned above. what bolts are you using? could be your bolts are getting loose, go back to german bolts, nuts and lock washers. they will hold their grip better. those crazy germans knew something about steel, etc.

cogbox

RDC Crypto
Website
WWW.RCTRANS.COM
1st question is all that class 9 legal? 2nd how much? 3rd do you have any pics? or a website?
THE AXLE TUBES ARE LEGAL TO BE RUN IN CLASS NINE. COST WISE THEY ARE 290.00 FOR A PAIR WITH END CASTINGS, BILLET ALUMINUM AXLE TUBE RETAINERS AND SOLID BOOTS. THEY WILL BE ON MY WEB SITE IN ABOUT A WEEK ( WWW.RCTRANS.COM ). SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.