Axel Wrap, Deaver Racepack?

Greg

With the deavers you shouldn't have an axle wrap problem. Especially without running alot of HP.

Greg

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Check to make sure your u-bolts are tight... Other than that you should not have any problems with deavers.

Tony

Flea

i would think that the reason they do not wrap very much is because they have so many leaves which would not flex back and forth as easily as stock leaf springs and maybe the front eyelet being double wrapped helps this.

GOD BLESS AMERICA! and hopefully my poor truck too.

gary

axle wrap is caused by power, and usually lots of it. as i have a toyota, i know i'll probably never experience that. not a big worry, i don't think

Dylan

spring over is more prone to axle rap than spring under. also shock placement is important in reducing axle rap, when you see one shock going forward and one going backwords this is done to reduce axle rap.

Greg

Deaver actually triple wraps the front with a half leaf on the top of the pack just to help combat axle wrap. I believe they can do this to any spring pack too.

Greg

John Bitting

Administrator
My new spring back that I bought from Deaver for my bronco is triple wrapped. As soon as I install it I will let you know how it performs.. I had a double wrap on my chevy from Deaver and I never once had axle wrap.

rdc

I'm going to look really stupid here. What exactly is axle wrap? I hear a lot about it, and I assume it's bad. I likely will need to take mesaures to prevent it as I buildup my Explorer. I'll have 4" of lift, probably SOA in the rear, and I'm looking at a crate motor from Ford Racing rated at 345hp. (don't know if I'll get that much with the headers and etc. that I'll run). Seems to me like axle wrap might be a problem, since these conditions seem to induce it. But what exactly occurs when it wraps up? I've yet to find a real explanation.

David - No one of consequence.

sirhk100

Axlewrap is most noticable in soft sand with lots of power. It's caused from the torque of the rearend trying to actually twist the leafs. Under EXTREME wrap if you were to take a picture at the perfect moment the leaf would have a "S" shape to it instead of a "U" shape. It forms into this S shape because of the differential trying to torque under it. Basically it forum this "S" shape and unlods very quickly and repeatedly. This will cause a violent hopping or jerking of the rearend under power. this can cause damage to other parts. I'm not sure if this makes sense or how exact the explanation is but I'm sure others will jump in on this explanation.

'99YZ400,
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart

JCA

John, what spring pack did you go with and what was the cost. I have a 88 Bronco that I have been neglecting while building the race truck. Are you going to the desert clean up? When? I am trying to be there Fri. night. I would like to talk Bronco with you.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.andrewsracing.com>www.andrewsracing.com</A>

rdc

I had a 93 F150 with the straight 6 and nationals. Any time i gunned it up hill my back end would hop up and down sooooo bad. It sucked! I'm definitely gonna put some sort of a traction bar set up on the back next time...probably real similar to the autofab kit. It definitely didn't feel good for the truck when it did happen.

Junior

I need new leaf packs for my truck as well. I couldn't find a link to Deaver on this site. Can one of you guys provide some contact info? Do they have a website? How about an e-mail aaddress?

Junior
EJR Racing #244

Junior

Thanks for the info guys. I'll call and talk to Jeff.

Junior
EJR Racing #244

scott

Aaawww John, I thought you were 4 linking the Bronco???? What gives, beside the wallet ????

Greg

David, what motor are you going to put in that explorer? Final gearing has alot to do with axle wrap too.

Greg