• Forum membership has its advantages....

Axial Yeti

sb4pro

Thought you all might like a sneak peek at Axial's new rig . Not alotta info on it yet as the release date is still pending . But do know it's based off a KOH rig and has ifs a-arms in front with a solid axle in rear . I've already got all kinds of ideas going thru my head as far as doing either a TT or short course truck .

image.jpg
image.jpg

sb4pro

Yeah basically same idea . More standard sized batteries , better shock package and 2.2 tires are the biggest changes .

sb4pro

Yeah just like they say the regular Yeti is 1:10th scale yet I'm using a 1:8th scale truck body for my project . I'm doing a solid axled TT with an OLD SCHOOL paint scheme . Can you guys guess whose lol ?

f1sleepy

Tires are TERRIBLE at speed! Looks like a complete handful to drive. It really needed some shock tuning in that video too. A little tuning and a better wheel/tire combo and it looks to be a really fun buggy.

sb4pro

Just placed my order it'll definatly be here from Santa lol . I'm absolutely going crazy with anticipation. I've come up with a few body ideas that work , what 1 you guys like best ?

Associated SC8
image.jpg

Hpi Apache sc
image.jpg ( pictured not on Yeti chassis )

JConcepts 79 Ford Ranger
image.jpg

Chris Tobin

I think the HPI and Associated bodies look less cartoony than the JConcepts body...

sb4pro

Thanks for the like . I've got all kinds of ideas going thru my head . Gonna make it a trophy truck . Just not sure on the body yet . There's the 3 posted above and Pro-Line put out these tease pics on their Twitter and Facebook pages image.jpg image.jpg Not sure if I like the big bubbled fenders though . So far I like the HPI Apache best , it's just got that old school TT look to it . image.jpg

Chris Tobin

In my experience Pro-Line makes GREAT bodies and RC parts... or at least they did years ago!!!

I think you are going down the right course though as the HPI and Pro-Line bodies both look good. I think the HPI is best for a RG style truck...