AZ Pre-runner Meeting!!!

Bryan_D

Reaction
Hey there is a meeting and so-called show this weekend at a place called VitalFab in Mesa at noon. I will post the address later today. As many people we have that could come would be sweet.Ther will be food also so show up if anyone can. Later on Bryan

Bryan_D

Reaction
Supposedly Greg and Jen are coming out to the show. Also we are talking about using the Canyon Raceway Park to do a short course track and also allowing a jump-off and prerunner classes also like in Cali. E-mail me for directions.

Junior

Reaction
Canyon Off-road Park? COP That is in the poolmans backyard!

Junior
EJR Racing Trophy Truck #44
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ejrracing.com>http://www.ejrracing.com</A>

TimHayosh

Reaction
Not too much pro-mo on this one I guess. I would have liked to have been there. Didn't know a damn thing about it. Hope it was fun.

Happy motoring, Tim

Bryan_D

Reaction
It was alright kinda small but its a start. Hey the pre-runner thing is gradually new to us and hopefully we will get a good core started here and keep the discos at bay while we can. The short course thing will be cool at Canyon, the guys that put the show on are announcers there and can use the track whenever supposedly so that will be way cool. We need more of the RDC guys to get envolved that are here locally and help get this thing off the ground. We could also travel to Tucson and check out their short course and whats that all about. Later on

CanyonMan

Reaction
I like most of you did not hear about the meeting till it was too late. I think it is great that people are trying to start something out here. I am new to desert racing and a meeting like that is just what I'm looking for. I am also going to the short course here in Tucson this wekend for the first time. I had no idea it was just 10 minutes from my house up until about a month ago. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I will be taking video, but currently don't have a way to transfer it to a cd or computer. Does anybody know of a place that will do it for cheap?

Lyrch

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
do you have a digital video camera? If you do and it is a mini DV I wouldnt mind putting on the computer for you.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

CanyonMan

Reaction
Actually there will be two cameras there. My buddy has an 8mm and the one I'm borrowing is miniDV. Where are you from? I'm here in Tucson. Neither truck is anything super special. My truck is pretty much a stock GMCK15004x4 with catback, Airaid kit, and Rancho RS5000s. My buddies blazer is better than stock with a strong running 327, 12bolt rear with 3.73 and front 10 bolt with 3.73s, a Jet performance 700R4 transmission with about a 1500 stall converter (he's not too impressed with the transmission), ratchet shifter and some other tweaks. Runs strong and is his general purpose go anywhere truck. It actually handles whoops and bumps as good if not better than my truck. That would be sweet if you could put it onto a computer or cd for me. I'd love to post it here at race-dezert so other people will know how the track is.

Lyrch

MikeLeung

Reaction
Hey Canyonman...the short course race this weekend is only bikes and quads. I'll be there with a kid racing his bike on sunday. Come by and say hi. I'll be in the yellow box van. Jay from whiplash is trying to get more cars to race at PMP. The talk is about opening it up on weekends for teams to test there cars. I'm thinking about putting together a prerunner race out there. But it does seem to be enough prerunners in Tucson to do it

Bryan_D

Reaction
Sorry to post about last weekends meeting so late. I just got word of it and let everyone know. Hopefully us RDC guys will keep together here in AZ and get this thing going. We are a rare breed amidst a bunch of discos so wee need to stay together. Late

CanyonMan

Reaction
I didn't realize there was a race this weekend at the course. I was just gonna go out there and check it out. Do you know if it is open to the general public or just for races? Do they have a test and tune day like dragstrips do? Either way, I'm going out there even if I can't run my truck. I know a few places I can go play that aren't at the track but nearby. I'll look for your yellow van, but I will probably only be there Saturday. I would definitely be interest in a prerunner race, even though my truck is stock. I'm just looking for a way to get my feet wet right now. Me and a buddy are lookin to build a prerunner together out of a s10 or ranger. It may or may not wind up street legal, but would be fun if it does. I have seen their website but it is all old news from 2001 . Do they have an updated website that you know of? Good luck with your race Sunday!

Lyrch

CanyonMan

Reaction
I appreciate you trying to spread the word on such short notice. Even though it seems a lot of people didn't make it, at least we know things are starting up out here.
Now for a stupid question. Exactly what is a "disco"? I have heard them referred to several times and am not sure what they are. Is it a poser pre-runner?

Lyrch

evan_clanin

Reaction
more lift than travel kinda thing, 10 inch lift with the supper swampers going on, home skillet style

i wana be like austin when i grow up, he gets all the chicks

CanyonMan

Reaction
Well let me tell ya somethin then. Arizona is definitely disco. I have never seen so many trucks with so much lift with such loud stereos that never get dirty. I have Arizona pistrips on my truck and I display them proudly. Hell, within 3 days of buying my truck I hung it up on the frame trying to find out just what it could do (don't tell my bank that). I probably beat on my truck more than most of the disco out there and it is totally stock suspension with those Oh so groovy Rancho RS5000s (they were on the truck when I bought it).

Lyrch

CanyonMan

Reaction
Did anybody go to the race at PMP in Tucson this past weekend? I didn't make it due to some unexpected repairs (u-joints), but wound up 4 wheeling with a buddy later in the day. I tried calling the number for PMP but never get an answer. Anybody know how to get a hold of that place?

Lyrch