B&M Rock/Race T400- Anyone using it?

jon coleman

Reaction
bomb proof got me sold...just make a bomb proof skid plate for that big finned aluminum pan & u r good to go.was thinking of this setup, but the eng im thinking of using is 1200+ hp for my 1450 build, so i gotta keep looking....

jeff

Reaction
I don't like B&M because of past failures I've experienced (and questionable customer service) but the Reid case should be a big upgrade over a stock case. I'd look to find out what caused the failure of your last case as you might have bigger design or implementation problems than the supplier of the parts can overcome.

Aloha

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
One thing that concerns me is they claim to have engine braking. Slamming downshifts is a sure fire way to kill a T400.

The forward pattern manual valve body has been recalibrated to ensure constant pressure, quick shift response and provides engine braking.
Also, forward pattern? Are they talking reverse pattern? Also a problem on T400's.

scottm

Reaction
I watched that vid and have a problem with the B&M guy talking about the "300M Rockwell hardness input shaft".. Um obviously 300m is a steel alloy, not a hardness number. Also the vid shows the trans has a splined output for a slip yoke, definitely want a fixed output yoke. So I have my doubts about that alleged TT trans. Any good shop can build a 400 with the reid case and good shafts and billet drums for that $6k number.

desertspeed

Reaction
I watched that vid and have a problem with the B&M guy talking about the "300M Rockwell hardness input shaft".. Um obviously 300m is a steel alloy, not a hardness number. Also the vid shows the trans has a splined output for a slip yoke, definitely want a fixed output yoke. So I have my doubts about that alleged TT trans. Any good shop can build a 400 with the reid case and good shafts and billet drums for that $6k number.
Thanks for the replies, trans has been dropped off at Culhane and we will see what they say.