B&M Shifter

OKEYs_10

Reaction
I have a 98 ext cab v6 5spd s-10 with the m50 transmission, and i know this because i looked at my rpo code. My question is that B&M makes a shifter for the 4cylinder m50 but not the v6, is there any reason why the shifter wont work on my transmission. Any body out there with a v6 and this shifter, i would really like this shifter, it looks super badass!!!

98 s-10 ext 4.3 5spd

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Dont like to be mean just trying to keep you up to speed with truck style,but those are GAY in prerunners try a gate shifter by art carr or whinters shifters then it would be "super bad ass" that ratchet shifter is like a body lift or drop down brackets NO GOOD, only in hot rods!!! Mike

Kbach66

Reaction
Mike....I must agree with you. Those B&M ratchet shifters are gay. They belong in the highschool kids 68 Nova!! But they're for automatics. I think OKEYs looking for a shifter for a manual trans but I could be mistaken. If he is looking for an auto shifter, art carr or winters is the only way to go.

singlehanded

Reaction
So are winters and art carr pretty much the same quality? I am going to be buying one next week for a c-4 with manual valve body. any pic or sites with pictures?

midnight landscaper working overtime and I'm full throttle I'm full throttle tonight

V8Ranger

Reaction
I realize you might consider them to be "gay" most likely becaue you don't see them in many trucks. But whats the big deal with them, they serve their purpose don't they?

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
V8Ranger, call me" The Prerunner Fasion Police "if you like, yes the do work good but everyone wants what the big boys run... bypass shocks, 4 linked read ends ect..., you dont see Terrible Herbst using a B&M, like I said before Im not trying to be mean! they just dont belong in offroad trucks,oh ya and his truck is 5 spd. so this doenst apply to him...oops :) but Im still sticking with B&M ratchet shifter are GAY as the night is long in prerunners or race trucks!!

toddz

Reaction
Here's a pic of the Art Carr shifter:

http://www.artcarr.com/catalog/p29.html

The Carr shifter and the Winters Sidewinder are the same thing-except the Winters unit is usually about $50 cheaper. Check with Mike Cohen at Race Ready Products. They usually have them in stock.

HTH,
Todd Z.

hoeker

Reaction
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.artcarr.com/catalog/p29.html>http://www.artcarr.com/catalog/p29.html</A>

"to be successful, you must first learn to disagree without being disagreeable."

Reaction
Read the post!

Doesn’t anyone else find it funny that all the replies to the original post are discussing cable shifters for automatic transmissions, when the question was asked about a shifter for a 5spd manual transmission?

I would call B&M and ask them directly if the shifter you referenced will work in your application. I bet it would, since an m50 is an m50, but know one here seem to know for sure..

By the way, the Art Carr, Winters and B&M Cable shifters that are being discussed here are made by the same manufacture for the Marine market. I have the name of the company at my office. Art Carr, Winters and B&M make the “gate plates” and cable adapters that determine what application they go to. They also make the plastic covers and put their names on them. Art Carr in Texas will tell you different, but I have confirmed this.

SpareChangeRacng

Reaction
Re: Read the post!

Ramsey - can you post where to find the marine app? I'm interested and I bet a few more here are. Thanks. Steve

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction
Jordan, I dont know for sure but I do that they put one in a 95 F150 w/overdrive and just used a button on the dash to kick in the overdrive cuz the shifter is only set up for a 3 speed transmission and yours has 4 or 5 gears dont know toyotas to well call art carr direct and ask them.....Mike

Reaction
Re: Read the post!

I'll try to dig it up. They build the basic cable shifter. It is the correctly designed "Gate Plates" and cable brackets that makes it work for specific transmissions.