• Forum membership has its advantages....

B1000

Dustino81

Who’s in ? What classes ? Pro Ironman here #735x, hoping for more entries than what was at the 400

A Vance

There should be more entries. The 400 is the throw away race. Unless you were racing for points a lot of teams didn't race the 400. Seems people are choosing the big races over a full series. What bike are you racing.

Dustino81

There should be more entries. The 400 is the throw away race. Unless you were racing for points a lot of teams didn't race the 400. Seems people are choosing the big races over a full series. What bike are you racing.
I chose the same actually and am only racing the 1000, would be rad to see 10+ guys in the Pro Ironman Class. I’ll be aboard my Ktm 450 , #735x

El Mamito USMC

i do like the entire course but loosing around 110miles for the SPT, that just makes it not worth it IMO... i guess just try and hit CODE..

Baja 1000, 2019.JPG

Rslhc

Myself and several forum members (@mikefrick, @kris_r) are in. # 24x.

With everyone else that the Sportsman cut thing is lame. Hopefully they end this little experiment after this year. Or maybe leave it for the steering wheel teams, as it sort of makes sense for some of them. Don't know that I've heard of a bike team actually excited about it.

nickybobby333

Anybody know if the 1x team will just be Justin Morgan and Justin Jones since Mark is out recovering or if Dietrich will be taking some miles as well. This will be the biggest test against the 1x with Mark being out and after a close call in the 400 winning by less than 10 seconds. Could their streak be broken or is J.Morgan going kill it like normal and keep the streak alive?!

Rslhc

Anybody know if the 1x team will just be Justin Morgan and Justin Jones since Mark is out recovering or if Dietrich will be taking some miles as well. This will be the biggest test against the 1x with Mark being out and after a close call in the 400 winning by less than 10 seconds. Could their streak be broken or is J.Morgan going kill it like normal and keep the streak alive?!
That will be interesting. Mark is out with double femur and hand fractures, and Justin Jones is actually out following a knee surgery about 2 months ago. That, and they have been fairly quiet about this, but Ricky D had his intro to Baja at the 400, and he stated in a comment on one of his IG posts that he crashed bad and was KO'd at the 400. I speculate that this is what led to the VERY narrow margin of victory at that race.

Looking at the entry list they have Justin Morgan obviously as the ROR, and they have: David Kamo, Max Eddy Jr., & Shane Esposito listed as riders. I don't know Eddy, but Kamo and Esposito have been around a while and are solid riders. Kamo has been posting pics the last week or so of being in Baja on the 1x.

I think they will do well. They found some very fast, very accomplished riders to fill the gaps in their team, and they will do what they have continued to do well to get a victory: do their homework, pre-run like crazy, and execute a plan well.

Still will be a very interesting thing to watch.

El Mamito USMC

AZ7000'

In my book Arthur Babcock on the 705X at 56th OA is one tough dude. All 15 of the ironman riders that toed the line are bad asses and congrats to the 7 finishers. We rode the sections around the 3, Morelia, and SF last week, all crappy. I preran 330-finish on 4 wheels too.

56 OA, are you kidding me??? 3 in the top 100, wow, just wow.