B500 Ojos to Finish

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
I get to run this section this year and although I pretty familiar with most of Northern Baja, I've never ever ran this. Since there's no pre-running this section I guess I'm just doing it fly by wire...
I asked some people and they tell me it's super easy to get lost since most of the markers end up getting torn down or whatever...
Anyone got tips?
Where running Sptsm < so I guess I could always just follow the lead car in? :confused:
We are seriously trying to avoid even seeing any cars this year though.

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
I get to run this section this year and although I pretty familiar with most of Northern Baja, I've never ever ran this. Since there's no pre-running this section I guess I'm just doing it fly by wire...
I asked some people and they tell me it's super easy to get lost since most of the markers end up getting torn down or whatever...
Anyone got tips?
Where running Sptsm < so I guess I could always just follow the lead car in? :confused:
We are seriously trying to avoid even seeing any cars this year though.

I know it says 'no pre-running' on the map, but this just means you can't pre-run that section now. Typically they open up the first 35 miles to one-way pre-running a couple days before the race. My only advice in that section is be careful of the locals creating 'creative' lines for their entertainment. Not necessarily a booby trap, but they might redirect you to go through a huge divet or ravine for fun.

CHASER

Reaction
You will be able to run that section the week of the race. Please don't do it any earlier because it cuts through residential area's and they don't want us there. And it won't be marked early. You will only be able to run it outbound so it's worth doing a few times. If your coming into the finish at night it can be a little confusing for sure. And of coarse many of the markers will be gone. GPS sure helps there. Best bet is take your time on the prerun and do your homework.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
you can still pre-run it just drive nice threw that area......
I hope..

NO! Chaser, bajaxp and stuckthrottle have the right idea. Prerun it on Thusday and Friday before the race. Outbound only. What works well too is ride a bit then pull off when you can and stop and look back. You'll get the view of that section "returning". I wouldn't plan my section on "following the lead car in" either. You know what's behind that lead car? Someone else who really wants to pass that "lead car"! You'd be in the way, not good!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
ON the way back IN you will be able to find your way no problem cause 200+ cars and bikes have just gone that way leaving and the course will be pretty burned in. As well as the same course was used in the 08 500-1000