Back from baja-no head bowling, no pig flu, just fun

ChrisW

Reaction
Hey there, I just wanted to share that I just got back from 8 days in Baja with 5 cars/15 people...I didn't see anyone bowling with heads, I didn't catch the pig flu, and I wasn't carjacked or shook down. We left Ensenada last Wed morning and went to San Felipe. The weather was perfect, the beer was cold and the fish tacos...well you know. The next morning we made the run down to Bay of La via Old Puertocitos road, Coco's, & Calamajue (sp?) wash. Other than there being some deep water in the wash still...a perfect baja day. Stayed at Los Vientos in Bay of LA...what a nice place. The next morning we ran the 1000 course to San Ignacio...stopped at San Rafael beach and said hi to Pancho on the way...San Ignacio was great...Then on to Punta San Francisquito the next day for an early afternoon arrival....beautiful as always. The next morning we ran back up thru Bay of LA, thru Calamajue (sp?) to Gonzaga. The next day was San Quintin...ran part of the last 1000 loop course over the mountains and dropped into San Quintin from the east...Our last day was the best of Baja running the coast back to Ensenada...What a great baja fix....Our only problem was at 1245 of our 1250 miles one of our guys blew a corner coming back into Santa Thomas...thankfully no one got hurt and no major car damage, but he deservedly lost all the beer in his cooler....A couple of pics below...

Dezertpilot

Reaction
No pictures.

SPROCKET

Reaction
Lets see more pics. We know you have some more.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
^ Ha what he said:) Awesome photos though!

Giant Geoff

Reaction
That left hand turn before you drop into Santo Tomas will get you, the key thing is to straighten the car out from your slide and just huck over the fence landing an all fours. It big but I’ve pulled it.

piloto off road

Reaction
wow!!
i went to mikes that weekend, but on bikes!
looks like you guys had a great time, hopefully your story will make people, keep coming to baja!!
i know bad things happen, but hey they happend every where not only in baja, i dont want to see SCORE coming to an end!!
cant wait till june for the 500!!!
see you there

Richie_Bobby

Reaction
Sounds Like You Guys Had A Good Time.
Getting Me Excited For The 500.:D

Pacifico

Reaction
That left hand turn before you drop into Santo Tomas will get you, the key thing is to straighten the car out from your slide and just huck over the fence landing an all fours. It big but I’ve pulled it.
Ya, that's a wicked turn!!! We were coming up into another car's dust and heavy on the throttle when that turn popped up. I hammered the throttle and tried to slide around the corner, the rear tires dropped off the edge and we slide along the edge aways - then the car caught and the rest is history!!!

Great trip though! Definitely the best baja trip yet! Great people and good times...Can't wait to get back down there! For everyone afraid of going to baja right now - remember it's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees!

More pics coming soon.....

JD Durfey

Reaction
How did you guys get from Gonzaga to San Quintin? Did you go back through Coco's and the highway up near El Rosario before jumping on the 1000 course? The 07 course was pretty slow going through there.

That sounds like a great trip. I need to get down there for some fun trips. I have only been down to race and we are always in a rush while pre-running.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Well luckily it was only 5 miles to go when he rolled. Typical though, you go all that way and 5 miles to go, catastrophe.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
i cant wait to start prerunning :D
and sounds like you had a great trip

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction

deano

McDeano
Reaction
"head bowling" :eek: ? that's pretty funny -- solid work

Matt Stevens

Reaction
wow!!
i went to mikes that weekend, but on bikes!
looks like you guys had a great time, hopefully your story will make people, keep coming to baja!!
i know bad things happen, but hey they happend every where not only in baja, i dont want to see SCORE coming to an end!!
cant wait till june for the 500!!!
see you there
I don't think its fear keeping people out of baja I think its money... times are tough.

Giant Geoff

Reaction
Ya, that's a wicked turn!!! We were coming up into another car's dust and heavy on the throttle when that turn popped up. I hammered the throttle and tried to slide around the corner, the rear tires dropped off the edge and we slide along the edge aways - then the car caught and the rest is history!!!

Great trip though! Definitely the best baja trip yet! Great people and good times...Can't wait to get back down there! For everyone afraid of going to baja right now - remember it's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees!

More pics coming soon.....
Glad everyone was ok. That turn is notorious, last years 500 has a silly detour around that spot to keep cars from going off and for good reason.

Live, life and have fun.

ChrisW

Reaction
How did you guys get from Gonzaga to San Quintin? Did you go back through Coco's and the highway up near El Rosario before jumping on the 1000 course? The 07 course was pretty slow going through there.

That sounds like a great trip. I need to get down there for some fun trips. I have only been down to race and we are always in a rush while pre-running.
Yeah...you have to run the highway about 20 miles past Catavina to k104 and there's a road that takes you north (Iforget the name of the Ranches you go thru...not all of it is recently used race course (07) and some of it is pretty slow going...but it will drop you right into San Quintin...

randy68

#1 Enemy of Google
Reaction
Great pics & story.
&, punta san fran....is a bitchin place!