• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja 1000 Bachelor Party

BajaBound87

I made this post earlier this year and you guys gave me a lot of great advice. Now that they've released the course map, I'm hoping you guys can lend some more. There's three of us going and we're taking an RV. We were expecting more, but everyone else pussed out. I guess that means less people to get in the way of a good time, right? This will be the first time any of us have attended an off road race of this magnitude. Needless to say, WE'RE PUMPED!!! That being said, I'm also wondering if there are and major concerns we're overlooking.

We're heading down the 15th and returning the 21st. Our plan is to stay in Ensenada for a day or two and head down to the San Quintin area before the race start. We were hoping we could peel away from the race for a day or two and do some fishing or any other testosterone inducing activities in the area. We don't have anything set in stone and our schedule is pretty much an open slate. Any advice is appreciated!

Zac Reish

No you guys are gonna have fun. Don't do drugs, drive drunk, and stay together when out late. Good luck fishing. Sounds like a fun bachelor party.

43mod

read all the how to race the Baja 1000 threads and best taco stand thread.
Have a blast.

RYAN COHEE

I made this post earlier this year and you guys gave me a lot of great advice. Now that they've released the course map, I'm hoping you guys can lend some more. There's three of us going and we're taking an RV. We were expecting more, but everyone else pussed out. I guess that means less people to get in the way of a good time, right? This will be the first time any of us have attended an off road race of this magnitude. Needless to say, WE'RE PUMPED!!! That being said, I'm also wondering if there are and major concerns we're overlooking.

We're heading down the 15th and returning the 21st. Our plan is to stay in Ensenada for a day or two and head down to the San Quintin area before the race start. We were hoping we could peel away from the race for a day or two and do some fishing or any other testosterone inducing activities in the area. We don't have anything set in stone and our schedule is pretty much an open slate. Any advice is appreciated!
Hide some cash for the day after!! The Paris can drain your wallet after a few buckets of beers!!

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

AZ7000'

Bricoop

Be smart about where you park the RV and don't bring/leave unnecessary valuables inside.

If you're looking for fishing, call Vonny (Punta Banda just south of Ensenada) for a great affordable day on the water. They've been catching lots of sea bass and yellowtail lately, call soon, hopefully he still has spots: Vonny's Fleet | Facebook

guycomer

If you're going south to San Quintin they have some great fishing there and the bay is beautiful! The Old Mill or Jardine's have excellent food- I'll be staying at Jardine's and prerunning everyday starting on the 11th- I'll look for you guys. Have fun and be safe!

-Guy
SRT/Husqvarna
#437x & 37x

BajaBound87

read all the how to race the Baja 1000 threads and best taco stand thread.
Have a blast.
I think we've read just about every article we can find online. Some of the older stuff makes me wonder about safety, but it seems like it's not as big of an issue anymore. I've been following the taco thread closely. Our access to quality tacos has been one of my main concerns from the beginning. Thanks!

BajaBound87

Be smart about where you park the RV and don't bring/leave unnecessary valuables inside.

If you're looking for fishing, call Vonny (Punta Banda just south of Ensenada) for a great affordable day on the water. They've been catching lots of sea bass and yellowtail lately, call soon, hopefully he still has spots: Vonny's Fleet | Facebook
This is exactly the kind of advice we're looking for. Do you think we'll have an issue finding safe places to park in Ensenada or anywhere else? We'll definitely get in touch with Vonny. Thanks!

dan200

#BSF200
I think we've read just about every article we can find online. Some of the older stuff makes me wonder about safety, but it seems like it's not as big of an issue anymore. I've been following the taco thread closely. Our access to quality tacos has been one of my main concerns from the beginning. Thanks!
The "ladies of the night" across the street from Paris may have very nice big fake boobs BUT, they also have dongs.

Last edited:

BajaBound87

If you're going south to San Quintin they have some great fishing there and the bay is beautiful! The Old Mill or Jardine's have excellent food- I'll be staying at Jardine's and prerunning everyday starting on the 11th- I'll look for you guys. Have fun and be safe!

-Guy
SRT/Husqvarna
#437x & 37x

Great advice! What are you driving? If we cross paths I owe you a beer. Thanks!

Bricoop

This is exactly the kind of advice we're looking for. Do you think we'll have an issue finding safe places to park in Ensenada or anywhere else? We'll definitely get in touch with Vonny. Thanks!
Make sure you get insurance that covers you in Mexico. I'll defer to others with more experience for parking, make sure to check in this thread:
Baja 1000 RV parks ??

Offspring

Do a Kent Kroeker type pre-search on the RV before you enter Mexico, especially if it's ever been on any hunting or shooting trips. Have a great time!

BajaBound87

Do a Kent Kroeker type pre-search on the RV before you enter Mexico, especially if it's ever been on any hunting or shooting trips. Have a great time!
I'm not sure what that is? I did a google search and found suspension kits. Do you have any more info? Thanks!