Baja 1000 course

jimpat

Reaction
if the 1000 is going to have a new course, as it been rumored, it would be interesting to see what the actual racer would choose: the Mexicali to Mexicali loop or the Ensenada to Cabo.
Could the racers that will actually enter the race email me their preference?
Tony Tellier is also polling his board and if we get enough replies, we may have a say so in the situation.
Please send replies to : jp@pe.net and only actual entries, please.
Spectators can also have their preference heard, but put spectator in the subject line. Your opinion is very welcomed, as we need all the spectators we can get.
There are many reasons for choosing either race...
the loop: easier to chase, less cost for all involved, more familiar with the terrain, less time off from work.

point to point: more news worthy, more prestige to the winners, almost no US spectators past Ensenada,
tremendous cost to the teams for chase trucks and fuel, usually need a week off work, as the return from Cabo
is a long and expensive 1000 miles with gas at near 2 $ a gallon.

Please just take a minute to answer... and ask your racing friends opinion.

Thanks
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

Jack

Reaction
I thought that they always do it piont to piont every three years, except with the 2000.

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
I have heard from different people that a Baja 1000 starting anywhere other than Ensenada was nearly impossible due to Political reasons. I was told that Ensenada has control over the land from Ocean to Sea and would not allow any race to use their land without it starting in Ensenada or close by. I also heard that the Baja 2000 was originally supposed to start in Tijuana or Tecate but had to be changed to Ensenada because they would not allow to race on or through their land without starting it in Ensenada. I originally planned to be in this race but the two trucks that I was going to race with might not be racing.

frankh

Reaction
Both are fun. And like you posted each have there good and bad parts. Some of are best times come from the trip back home. To bad we will miss this one after he moved it on top of a MDR race.

Salvador

Reaction
Jim, im from Mexicali and have heard that this year its going to be Ensenada - Ensenada, and next year Mexicali- Mexicali. But also heard a couple weeks a go that SCORE didnt like that Ensenada its going to have a BITD race on there town (BAJA MEX 300 on Estero Beach), soo i really dont now, we have to many years that the Baja 1000 haven't start from Mexicali.

We really like to have more races starting here in Mexicali or San Felipe.

Mexican PreRunner

pciscott

Reaction
I've herd more rumors than I care to listen too. I would plan on Ensanada to La paz unless Sal says different! My vote would be point too point.

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
I know that Coco is getting ready for a large audience.

:)

PJCinLV

martininsocal

Reaction
It a peninsula year. and I actually have planned to run or spectate from the bottom half down! Put me down for anywhere to La Paz or Cabo.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

GMS739

Reaction
I HAVE PLANNED TO RACE FROM ENSENADA TO LA PAZ IN NOV IF IT A LOOP RACE I WILL NOT RACE.MY FREIND IN LA PAZ SAID THAT THE NEWS PAPERS ARE SAYING THAT THE BAJA 1000 IS NOT GOING TO LA PAZ.HE SAID THAT HE WILL LET ME KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING OVER THERE.

EDUARDO GONZALEZ 769

MEXICAN RACER

Sumthngfun

Reaction
Sal needs to get it together. Some of us have to plan more than a few weeks ahead!!!! By the way, I heard about the La Paz newsletter, seems like the city isn't playing Sal's money game. Good for them!

I don't care where it is in Mex, just make it official so we can prep!

GMS739

Reaction
E-MAILED SUE AT SCORE AND SAID THE RACE WILL END AT LA PAZ.BUT DIDNT SAY WERE IT WILL START.

MEXICAN RACER

JCA

Reaction
Man you have to laugh. This happens every SCORE race in Mexico. Someone starts a rumor and a lot of people go into panic mode. Lets see if I can recall what they where this year.

San Felipe 250 SCORE didnt pay and the race was going to be canceled.
Baja 500 I think the race was going from Mexicaly (sp) to San Felipe because of issues with Ensanada
Now this one for the Baja 1000

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

jimpat

Reaction
Haaaaa...J C...I agree with you.it happens all the times.
But we have to be prepared just in case this time really happens.
Sal has many people knocking him, but he has a logistics nightmare in front of him
when he needs to set up such a long race.
Having known the man for over 20 years, he does bend backwards to help the racer...
lets not forget that he is a business man!!!!!
I am sure that if he was a millionaire, he would have us race for free, as he loves off road racing.
I know that I would not put up with all the crap he gets from everybody!!!!!!
In life you can not please them all!!!!!
and now..lets all go race!!!
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

01_el_tiburon

Bait Fish
Reaction
Local news today in Mexicali anounced the race was going to be Ensenada to La Paz. theyre trying to get it to run from mexicali next year, mexicali's 100th aniversary is next year. Mexicali is trying, not sal...

later

p.s. rubbin is racing. ..........lol

el tiburon

"if something can go wrong, it'll probably will"
pinche murphy

scott

Reaction
The Baja 1000 will start in Ensenada, head to San Felipe, then South toward Baja de Los Angeles then crossing back and forth, then end up in La Paz. I hear in 2004 or 05 the race might start in Mexicali and go to Cabo maybe ??? or La Paz ???