Baja 1000 date change

erikh

Reaction
I just saw on Score's web site that the date for the Baja 1000 has been changed to November 20-23rd.

Any thoughts on reasons why it was changed? It sure makes it harder to get there when Thanksgiving is the following week.

I know there was a discussion about this last year when the date was changed but I want to know if there's any different thoughts or reasons this time.

Thanks.

erik

SpeedRacer

Reaction
This is the second year in a row that SCORE changed the Baja 1000 race date midway through the season to coincide with the long scheduled MDR race date. Once again I will have to decide between racing MDR’s last race of the year in Barstow or spectating at the Baja 1000 – not a good choice.

I think SNORE also has a race schedule for this weekend.

Josh_Westwood

Reaction
You would have to call and ask Sal for the real reason and even then he probably wouldn't tell the whole story. I would guess that not competing with the NASCAR series helps so that Robby and Brendan (congratulations for win this last weekend and taking the points lead for the truck series) can compete in the Baja 1000. It can’t hurt to have them talk about how they are going to race the Baja 1000 during their off season to the national and world wide press during interviews. Plus you never know if Ensenada Gov. asks for the later date to work out with their daily business and Cruise Ships. But like I said at the beginning you have to ask Sal for the truth, everything else is just speculation.

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Thats just dumb. Stupid enough to do it one year but 2 years in a row come on! LAME!

sirhk100

Reaction
That makes it difficult for me at least with my job to request vacation the week before a major holiday where I'm already being paid to be off. Oh well, hopefully they understand!!!!