Baja 1000 entry fee

retroblazer

Reaction
I have heard a couple of number floating around of what the entry would be for the 1000. I went to the website to check, but I after dicking around with it for a few minutes, I punted. Why does it have to be such a cluster just to find out what it costs to enter a race? I'm interested in two numbers, normal class entry fee, and Vintage. Thanks in advance

green787

Reaction
Not the "I can't run the 1000 because the entrance fees are too high" thread...!!!!LMAO....:D:D:D

mgobaja

Reaction
I called SCORE a few weeks back to reserve our race number, at that time I asked if they knew what the entry fee was going to be , and was told to expect that info out shortly after the TJ was a done deal

Anger Issues

Reaction
Not the "I can't run the 1000 because the entrance fees are too high" thread...!!!!LMAO....:D:D:D
Chris isn't complaining, he is asking a legit. question... Vintage vs Class 3, for example, and "why" the mystery. And if you are "LMAO" about the fees being too high, you are certainly on a different budget than I am. There won't be any laughing when I pay the fee... maybe a couple of sobs, but I will get over it.

HSDMORGAN

Reaction
I'm just assuming but, given the logistics that go into a Baja race like the 1000, it's probably pretty hard to figure out entry fee's quickly. Where it's going, who's land it will be on and who needs to get paid doesn't happen over night. Negotiations take time and things can change in a split second just like things do in Baja.

green787

Reaction
Chris isn't complaining, he is asking a legit. question... Vintage vs Class 3, for example, and "why" the mystery. And if you are "LMAO" about the fees being too high, you are certainly on a different budget than I am. There won't be any laughing when I pay the fee... maybe a couple of sobs, but I will get over it.
You're right.... but just give it some time..... They haven't announced the fees yet...

flyinbronco

Reaction
After all your lobbying to change the class 3 rules? Come on Chris you've got to be kidding.

retroblazer

Reaction
After all your lobbying to change the class 3 rules? Come on Chris you've got to be kidding.

There is no kidding about the cash needed to run a 1,200 mile race. Yes, I'm responsible for opening the spring rules in Class 3. I make no apologies for my efforts. There will be two trucks entered in this year's race because the change, and none lost.

I had told both of these racers if the difference in entry fee between the pro classes and Vintage is a $1000 or less, I'd run in Cl 3. But I happened to hear from a good source that the pro class would be $5500 and Vintage $3600.

If that's the case, and since Vintage running 200 miles shorter, the race gas bill drops $800., In round numbers it would potentially be $2,500 cheaper to run Vintage.

One other reason- I think by Blazer would be an interesting match against the early Vintage trucks, and it would be fun to race against them before I make changes to update the truck to the new class 3 rules.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

EZinAZ

Reaction
I was told they would list the prices after they go over the P&L from the previous race.

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
i thin mine will be around 2500 to 2800

retroblazer

Reaction
Dan, Go back to work. You can't afford to read this.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
spt quads its 2,920

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
My guess would be that a sportsman quad/ truck/ car or Vintage would be the same cost, so where did you get your number?
registration is now open. and its only quad/dirtbike prices