baja 1000 map logistics help/info whats where, access

51rcr

Reaction
How have the been on the parts and spares lately? They still wanting to charge for each spare?

51rcr

Reaction
Here's a screen shot of pit mileage

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171012-123510.png
    Screenshot_20171012-123510.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 360

La Tijereta

Reaction
If its only chase just get ipad and lead nave. Or any tab and use google maps. Dont waste money on a lowrance or another gps for just chase.

Better yet... load Back Country Navigator (free app) for Android that works great off-line.. Easy to import/edit gps files from Google Earth.. Back Country already has great detail maps and trails for Baja..

Team Rivera

Reaction
Some important notes on this comment
- Lead Nav has Bing Satellite, and USGS Satellite maps available, not Google Earth.
- These maps are only available if you are have cell and data service available*

*You can upgrade your maps package for another 20 bucks to be able to download these for offline use. But be aware that if you would like to download the max zoom, you will be downloading hundreds of squares and it will take hours upon hours. If you would like to better capabilities for downloading maps, you are looking another purchase from Lead Nav.

Lead Nav has great features built in for racers and teams, but if all you are doing is downloading a route and trying to overlay it on to a map, don't get hung up on what the cool guys are using and do some research.
well written, you have any suggestions for a pre-runner going down course using just an i-phone with no service?
my main goal is to just not get to far of course, be able to get back on if i do. im not making notes or anything. it would be cool to have a map of the route after were done to see what it all added up to. there are so many apps and devices my head is spinning.

TiRogers

Reaction
I shouldn't give out my secret but i will for the love of Baja....use the free "maps.me" app its offered for apple and android....priceless!!!! no service needed!

51rcr

Reaction
Thanks I have got lots of map apps now. Trying to figure out what's the best. Last one does show some roads

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
just contact ICON GPS on fb, they have files with all rds, access rds, and for gps files and print out maps.. with KM of the access and everything..

51rcr

Reaction
just contact ICON GPS on fb, they have files with all rds, access rds, and for gps files and print out maps.. with KM of the access and everything..
Would be great to get a paper map that has the track layer over with rout road. I'll check them out. Thanks

johndjmix

Reaction
No service needed with leadnav either!! It works offline once you download maps.

Upgrade to the top plan and it will automatically download all the squares saving you hours and hours of work.

—John

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert