BAJA 1000 ON OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY

RacrDude

Reaction
The Outdoor Channel is airing the BAJA 1000 with Robby ( Pre-running, pits, Racing) Wednesday @ 11pm EASTERN ( could be Pacific too...we all know how that works).

johnnyspeed

Reaction
Do you, or anyone else, know what channel (if any) the Outdoor Channel is on COX? FYI: ch 65 -Outdoor Life Network (OLN) is NOT the same channel!!!!!!

THANKS!

RacerX

Reaction
The time would be the other way around. It will be on at 5pm Pacific time. They are 3 hours ahead of us.

RacrDude

Reaction
If it's on @ 8pm Eastern...that's 5 PM Caltime. The TeamGordon website said 11PM....at any rate...it's on Wednesday Afternoon SOMETIME....hehe

Brian Mapes

Reaction
Just check the channel all day wednesday starting at like 4, since we are all unsure.

You gots to pay da cost to be da boss. - Snoop

johnnyspeed

Reaction
BUT THE IMPORTANT QUESTION REMAINS: Does anybody know if COX San Diego carries this cahnnel!!! I cannot find it listed in the TV Guide for COX, or anything on Cox's website!!!! Remember, it is NOT the Outdoor Life Netwoork (OLN) which is on COX 65................

RacrDude

Reaction
johhnyspeed...bummer...I saw that outdoor life channel listed on the Cox website...is there another one?? On Dish Sat, it's channel 153, AND, it's on @ 5PM CalTime.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by RacrDude on 02/24/03 08:09 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

JasonHutter

Reaction
This was taken off of SCORE's site. Sounds like a pretty cool flick!

HIGH-DEFINITION FEATURE DOCUMENTARY
February 25, 2003
Essex Television Group and HDNet
Release High-Definition Feature Documentary
Drive Like Hell to premiere nationally on HDNet’s all-HD network.

Niantic, CT – Essex Television Group Inc. announces the release of
Drive Like Hell, a feature-length documentary film about the Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 off-road auto race. The 90-minute documentary will premiere on HDNet, the leading all-high definition network available on DIRECTV and Charter Communications, March 5 at 9:30 PM ET. It will have numerous additional HDNet airdates throughout March, as well as select theatrical screenings later this spring.

Filmed in Baja, Mexico in September, October and November, the documentary is the first behind-the-scenes film ever made about the legendary Baja 1000. The film profiles four teams (Terrible Herbst Motorsports, Honda Motorcycles, Enduro Racing and the Centrix Financial Racing) as they prepare for, and then race in, this grueling annual event. The film also follows the extraordinary travails of race organizer, Sal Fish, who has been staging the race for more than 30 years.

Dallas and Denver-based HDNet (www.hd.net) is the leading all high definition national television network, broadcasting on channel 199 on DirecTV and on select Charter Communications cable markets. Programming includes movies, professional and amateur sports, documentaries, and special events--all in spectacular HDTV.

Essex Television Group Inc. (www.essextelevision.com) is a producer of award-winning documentary programming for broadcast, corporate television, home video and museum display. The company, based in Niantic, Connecticut, is owned and managed by filmmakers Jim Astrausky and Dan Carey. As a leader in high-definition production, and a primary producer of HDNet programming, Essex Television has numerous high-definition documentary series and specials in production around the country.

For additional information, VHS copies of Drive Like Hell, and production photos contact:
Jim Astrausky jima@essextelevision.com
Dan Carey dcarey@essextelevision.com
Telephone: (860) 739-8824

Reaction
I have DirecTV satellite dish, OUT (Outdoor Channel) is on 606, SPD (Speed Channel is on 606), OLN (OUtdoor Life is on 608).

I have the 31.99 package which gives me SPD & OLN. To get OUT, one has to go with the Premiere package (has all channels) for 81.99 (too expensive for me). Or, you can tack on 12.00 for a sports package (Fox sports, et al..plus OUT). I just subscribed to the latter, to try it out. You can cancel in a few days, & be only charged pro-rated. I'm not sure if there is a cancellation fee, there might be. A while back I tried a channel for a few days, & you could cancel without being penalized

"Go for the Gusto, Go for the Overall"
-- Robby Gordon, SCORE off-road champion

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
I just called COX and they DO NOT carry the Outdoor Channel.....So everyone with Cox is out of luck....

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

martininsocal

Reaction
I have Direct with the local and sports package and it costs me 42.99 a month. That is what I was paying for cable with no sports package(speed channel) or half the specialty channels.
I am pretty happy with the service except for their billing paractice of charging a month ahead of time.

If your gonna go, go BIG

michael

Reaction
I just talked to Direct TV and added the Outdoor Channel for $1.99 a month. He said you have to request it. Mine got turned on in about 15 seconds....yippee Robbie is on at 7:00 CST!!

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mkparker.com/goose>mkparker.com/goose</A>

sirhk100

Reaction
I know someone has a VCR!!!!

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

KitRacer

Reaction
i just finished watching it, it was pretty good, i also added the channel for 1.99, and i recorded it. maybe someone can get it from me and post it here, or is it too big

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

dave

Reaction
So what time will this show be on again ?? We missed it :-( ...... Thanks in Advance.....

KitRacer

Reaction
hey dave, if you dont catch a rerun by the next Gnarly Racing meeting, let me know and ill bring a copy of it for you

At baseball games they play organs, in motorsports they donate them.

JeffS

Reaction
Are you guys sure that we're all talking about the same show ??
The one I saw Wed. was called "Robby Gordon's Baja Adventure". It was on OLN and I have DISH network.

It was a pretty cool show, and had a lot of Helli and chase truck footage. The pit crew footage was kind of funny to me. It seems that Robby and his crew were either really tired, bored, or just reallly organized, because they were really low key. It was sort of a "Been there, Done that a million times" attitude. What really got me was Robby's quote at the end of the race after he got 3rd place.... " I guess the Baja beat us this time ". To which I say "WHAT?? , Dude, you got 3rd Place in TT at the the BAJA 1000 !! The baja didn't beat you. "
I'll bet if you asked PCI Scott, who got 4th place, if the baja beat him, he would say " HELL NO !! we spanked its a$s."

:) - Jeff S.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.RedRockOffroad.com>http://www.RedRockOffroad.com</A> - There is a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

SDranger

Reaction
I saw the same show on the outdoor channel (404 on time warner digital cable) I think the best part was the riveria truck and robby trying to pass each other and nerfing at 120+ on the freeway!

97 Ranger 4x4
02 CR125

Reaction
You shoulda seen the Ivan Stewart piece on "The Extremists", it has to be one of the finest video cuts ever produced. It's compact, but full of action. The pit stop footage was awesome, one of PPI's crewmen was really hyper, using a hammer to take off the "knock-off" hubs. He was working lightspeed, & was jumping around like an insect checking the PPI TT over..top & bottom. There was helicopter footage, & they did a goof job giving some background on offroad racing. Like that wild footage of that 1-2/1600 doing an endo with crowd cheering. I have to re-watch it, it's been so long i forgot what was on that excellent piece.

There was a story I heard about a crew member getting hit by a buggy (?), both legs were broken. But, he was such a gamer he gave a thumbs up to the car exiting the pits. Now, THAT'S dedication & commitment.

"Good players play, but TOUGH players win CHAMPIONSHIPS"
-- Tom Izzo, Michigan State Spartans head coach (basketball)

I hope that HDTV documentary coming up brings out what Ryan Arciero refers to as "our little wonder in the desert". A real down-to-earth, hard-charging sportsters -- REAL racing. Real sportsmen. Kinda like the days of ex-moonshiners racing stock cars for fun..the predecessors of NASCAR: good ole boys racing for sport. (remember the American Sportsman (?) show on ABC back in the 70's..they actually covered a Baja race back then, which was repeated recently on ESPN). None of this rigged Formula 1 (Shumacher & Barrichello games), NASCAR excessive advertising & sponsor a** kissing. Too much $$, too many problems..business creeps all over the place.

Money & Power.

"Go for the Gusto, Go for the Overall"
-- Robby Gordon, SCORE off-road champion