Baja 1000 Prerunning Opens Friday Nov 6

Baja_Seve

Reaction
According to Score's website, the 2009 Baja 1000 course will be marked and open for prerunning on Friday November 6.

This is one week later than the "loop" course from 2008 and only allows racers 2 weeks to prerun, instead of three.

deano

McDeano
Reaction
According to Score's website, the 2009 Baja 1000 course will be marked and open for prerunning on Friday November 6.

This is one week later than the "loop" course from 2008 and only allows racers 2 weeks to prerun, instead of three.

oh (ban me) , i think cameron thinks the opening date was sept 6th :eek: -- :cool:

rickf

Reaction
I didn't see anything on when the map comes out, I guess we have to wait until November 6th?

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
4th sounds like a much better date and when I have reservations...

CodyS

DA Un`
Reaction
According to a lil birdie its similar is a couple places but not whole thing. Got some stuff we havent seen in a while.

charlie_brown

Reaction
man, i wish i had more friends that have some prerunners and that like going out for a cruise.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
From BFG Pit site: "The 2009 Baja 1000 course will be similar to the 2008 race at roughly 700 miles. Final course maps and gps files will not be available until mid October."

PAB always has the inside scoop. I've got some info but am not at liberty to "spill the beans".

BWright

Reaction
Word is, simpsons was nearly unpassable as of a couple weeks ago but efforts are being made to open things up a bit. Sounds like that will be one of the toughest / technical parts of the course. Also heard that matomi is a little torn up and should be a task to get through for us limited power guys. Either way, november cant get here soon enough -Ben-

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
Simpson's will be going down, and then through the water crossing. From what I have seen,the only really bad thing is giant rain erosion ruts. Downhill is obviously much easier than up. I will be there shooting video.... nice place to hang out. Motos down Simpson's is slow and cautiously... no problem. BAJA1000 2009 BRING IT ON, BITCHES!

Baja_Seve

Reaction
Joe Hauler and I rode up Simpson's 2 weeks ago on bikes and it is quite passable. No ruts, just the usual lotsa rocks. Only about 4 inches of water in San Raphael creek.

The surprise was the uphill leaving Mike's Sky Rancho, heading to the top of Simpson's. Mike has graded the road squeaky clean, removed the pesky mid-trail boulder and most of the rocks, and even laid a concrete slab to help the less-worthy get to the top.

WickedGravityVideo

Reaction
WOW, that photo looks like the I-15 grade heading northbound to Primm!! No, I take that back... this photo shows better pavement!

Chase 2

Reaction
Kind of sad to see someone waist all that time and money because that ain't going to last long. The first good rain will wash the soil out from underneath. I'm sure the re-bar will help though......

SPROCKET

Reaction
At least the hill wont look like a TJ junk yard full of limited cars and trucks, like it did the last 1000 that went through there.

Anaconda Racing

Reaction
call carlos orozco he has the map already, 15 pits, and 100 crew to go with him.:)

M

memin.pinguine

I just hope that Olaf is not going to much north as well not doing to much additional damage.....

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
I really really really need Bean to have some time in between one of his many races to prep my short bus.

PDaily I blame this firmly on YOU!!! LOL

Kidding Pat.