Baja 1000 pump gas

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
Does anyone deliver pump gas to BFG pits for the 1000?
What fuel do 6100 trucks use? I thought those crate engines were designed for pump gas.
We run a Ford crate small block 460 and for small races fill it up at the local gas station (real pump gas).

BajaCharlie

RDC Crypto
Does anyone deliver pump gas to BFG pits for the 1000?
What fuel do 6100 trucks use? I thought those crate engines were designed for pump gas.
We run a Ford crate small block 460 and for small races fill it up at the local gas station (real pump gas).
All Mexican gas in Baja Norte comes from Port of Long Beach/Los Angeles. Gas for Baja Sur comes from the mainland. Why? The Pemex big wigs ran off with all the pesos meant for modernizing the refineries.
Years ago they didn’t have low sulfur diesel in Baja Sur and many race teams chase vehicles had a few problems when they raced to La Paz.
Cheers Baja Charlie

swiftracing5

RDC Crypto
Short answer no- I’ve always hoped they would offer that thing. According to BFGs application there are options- torco 91. I’m sure it’s not pay at the pump pricing but maybe contact Rick Madison to ask. He’s the race rep for torco.

mgobaja

RDC Crypto
Chris - when we raced an Ecotech powered car in 2017, Sonoco offered a " pump gas blend ", and delivered it to BFG pits also. At that time it was about 2/3 the price of race fuel, they called it GT260

JDDurfey

RDC Crypto
Back in 07 the Class 1 I navigated in ran on pump gas. So I drove it down to Pemex the night before the race and filled it up. That car ran like crap until after BFG Pit 2 and we got all the Pemex gas watered down with the gas we had delivered to the pits. We didn't need 100 octane, but that was what we had ordered and the car sure liked it better than the bad Pemex gas.

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
Guys, AV gas. Get it at any small airport down there.

—john

Exp24

RDC Crypto

johndjmix

RDC Crypto
John, you will start a whole other argument with that. Av gas not designed the same. Doesn’t burn correctly, not made for quick rpm changes, etc. I used to run it and never had a issue and it smells bitchen coming out.

Tell you what, some trucks though only run right with it. Love the stuff :). My issue is I can’t run anything but AV or I have issues!

—john

Slippery P

RDC Crypto
Tell you what, some trucks though only run right with it. Love the stuff :). My issue is I can’t run anything but AV or I have issues!

—john
AV gas is terrible to run in a race engine!
AV gas is meant to run in a plane at altitude, that means it has chemicals in it to keep from freezing at altitude. It’s not good.

partybarge_pilot

RDC Crypto
AV gas is terrible to run in a race engine!
AV gas is meant to run in a plane at altitude, that means it has chemicals in it to keep from freezing at altitude. It’s not good.

No this chit again. Towards the bottom, read veryfasts post.

Roddd

RDC Crypto
Has anyone ran diesel fuel from Baja Norte in a modern diesel without issues? These new trucks are so finicky on ULS diesel I’m afraid I may run into some problems with what I understand to be only Low Sulfur diesel sold in Baja Norte. For reference, the truck is a 2019 Chevy.

Chris_Wilson

RDC Crypto
Terri Rodriguez will arrange to deliver real pump gas to BFG pits for the 1000.
Some engines designed for pump gas are not as happy on the high octane race fuels VP sells.

mxben

Solutions
RDC Crypto
Has anyone ran diesel fuel from Baja Norte in a modern diesel without issues? These new trucks are so finicky on ULS diesel I’m afraid I may run into some problems with what I understand to be only Low Sulfur diesel sold in Baja Norte. For reference, the truck is a 2019 Chevy.

We've ran hundred of gallons through my 2018 Ram 2500 cummins with no issues. From Ensenada to San quintin to San Felipe.

IRONGOOK

RDC Crypto
Yes Sonoco talk to Teri, she will offer it delivered to BFG Pits, I already set some up, Class # 12
How do I get ahold of her? Can you provide her Phone #. We need fuel delivered to 2 of the pits down south around 545 and 820. Thx