• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja 1000 race day thread

Fourstroker

1x First bike through check 2 at MM249

fishd00d

What A Joke
I swear if that dude calls BJs truck a Turbo Toyota one more time I'm gonna jump through the computer and punch him. It's a freaking chevy and it's not turbo!!

mexgamer

When will Baja be made GREAT again?
Roger Norman is working on it; he attended a Trump event already, and it true Trump fashion, Roger got mad at El Vigia (local newspaper) for publishing his picture at the Trump event! LOL!!!! Damn biased El Vigia! How dare they publish a picture of Roger Norman at a Trump event hahahah
El Vigia is to Norman what the New York Times is to Trump I guess lol.
I heard Norman will build a wall around the wash to avoid having a speed limit, spectators will pay for it.

(Just joking, don't take it too seriously)

wrightracing.net

I can't believe the Score website wants $9.95 to watch the race. Wow. :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

4x4nutz

Anyone else having issues with the live feed from cleeng.com......?

BajaFand

The mint 400 killed Race-dezert.com. Its sad but true.
I disagree. I'm sure the Mint didn't help, but SCORE shot itself in the foot by not allowing RDC to cover any part of their series and took control over Weatherman they've killed the media coverage. SCORE denied RDC and the Mint/MM embraced it. Not hard to figure out.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

4x4nutz

Anyone else having issues with the live feed from cleeng.com......?
I have super fast internet, a new computer, and it's playing another live feed I have going like a champ.....so I know it's not on my end........Oh well, I guess seeing Billy off the starting line was with $10.....

4x4nutz

I have super fast internet, a new computer, and it's playing another live feed I have going like a champ.....so I know it's not on my end........Oh well, I guess seeing Billy off the starting line was with $10.....
Won't even go in reverse........can't go back and see anything again.....lol

JDDurfey

PAB isn't showing on the Stella tracker either. But they are on the SPOT tracker. The Spot is similar to the Volocore from last year.

nohandslance

Is the #3 still running the Riviera Black paint wrap...?

NIKAL

The speed limit in the wash does not surprise me. At the Baja 500 the Military was suppose to be watching and directing the flow spectator traffic in that wash. This was the spot where Xander the little 8 year old boy who was struck and killed by a TT was at. I don't know how many if any went to Xander's funeral service, but I was there. Not only did I see the pain in the Hendricks family, but you could see the sadness in both Roger and Elise Norman's eyes. I spoke to Roger after the service and he said we need to fix this! To be honest it would not have shocked me one bit if Roger would have or does sell Score, because of this tragedy. He was deeply saddened by Xander's death. Roger parked the TT for a long while after he hit the motorcycle rider, he does not take this stuff lightly.

IMO starting a race in Town should be more about the celebration & show, and not the race itself. Let the actual racing happen away from where the masses of spectators are going to be. As a sport we need to evolve, just as the cities and towns in Baja have evolved and grown. There was a time when we could race on the highways, and a time when we could race though towns. But those times are gone.