On Topic Baja 1000 race fuel orders.

BUSBY

Scrambler
Reaction
Racers, please get your VP and F&L race fuel orders into Cristy Chavez @ 562-432-1301 as soon as you can. We have loads going down already and pre-run order cut off is Friday (for delivery).
With this being a peninsula run, we all know how much it takes with logistics, help us help you by getting your orders in early. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Chris Tobin

Reaction
Do you have pump gas options?
Racers, please get your VP and F&L race fuel orders into Cristy Chavez @ 562-432-1301 as soon as you can. We have loads going down already and pre-run order cut off is Friday (for delivery).
With this being a peninsula run, we all know how much it takes with logistics, help us help you by getting your orders in early. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

harleys dad

Reaction
so what do you do about that, low comp isnt allowed race fuel or blend??

Chris Tobin

Reaction
so what do you do about that, low comp isnt allowed race fuel or blend??
I think our team will be bringing down empty dump cans and filling them at Pemex then carrying them to each pit location on our own... I think if we have it delivered to BFG Pits it is $12-13 a gallon or something crazy like that...

JDDurfey

Reaction
I would be careful using Pemex gas. I was involved with a team that could run pump gas. We had 100 being delivered to the pits, but had none in Ensenada. So I ran down to the Pemex right on the main drag and was sold bad gas. The race car ran like crap until after our second fill up at BFG 2.

If you are going to use Pemex, I would definitely buy from busy stations where there is a lot of turnover on the fuel and cross your fingers.

BUSBY

Scrambler
Reaction
Sorry, but we cannot deliver pump gas to BFG pits with it being cost effective. And let's remember that this is a foreign country, there are importation costs, taxes & permits required. On top of that there are the transportation/delivery costs all the way down the peninsula. It's not an easy task, nor cheap.
Sorry if it seems expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

vegasloki

Reaction
I think our team will be bringing down empty dump cans and filling them at Pemex then carrying them to each pit location on our own... I think if we have it delivered to BFG Pits it is $12-13 a gallon or something crazy like that...
I doubt you'll find imported US pump gas for much if any less than that in Baja. Like Busby says, importing, transporting, etc and a lot of times race gas dealers don't get that good a deal on the fuel to begin with. As an example at the SCCA Runoffs the regional Sunoco distributor brought pump gas for the non race fuel classes (all classes had mandatory fuel buys, even pump gas). It was about $6 a gal. And that was trucked to one track, in a major US city somewhat near the distributor.

Will they not let you run MS93 or MS98? They both work great in low compression engines. Some places allow it as a substitute for pump gas classes. If you are going to use Pemex you may want to get a filter to get the water and any muck in the fuel. I've done that here in the US with pump gas in race cars.