• Forum membership has its advantages....

Baja 1000 Race-to-Chase Tracking

RacingTraX

RacingTraX is a GREAT safety tool to have while racing in Mexico!

This is how it works... Put one of our RacingTraX trackers on your race vehicle and one on each of your chase vehicles. The unit on your race vehicle will automatically generate a message with it's current RACE MILE & SPEED and send it to all of your chase vehicles every 8 minutes (see picture below). This is done through the Iridium Satellite network -NO CELL COVERAGE NEEDED-. You can send "email messages" between tracking units or send text messages to cell phones that have service. We update your race location every 4 minutes on our live race day map at RacingTraX.com and we update your chase vehicle's locations every 30 minutes... unless it gets stolen... then we'll ping it right away so you can go get your truck back ;)

We have been using these trackers down in Baja since 2014 and they are priceless. We have tried hard to keep the price low so any team can afford to use this great tool.

Prices: (Each unit rental comes with an additional 100 messages to use above and beyond the 8 minute updates)
Race and Chase 1: $300
Chase 2: +$150
Chase 3: +$150
Chase 4: +$150 etc

Plus Shipping and Handling. Ask about our pre-running plans.

For more information call David: 801-836-5198

RacingTraX Race-to-Chase instruction video:

IMG_843164D0D4A3-1.jpeg

We have used your units before in Baja and they work awesome! Everyone was able to track the race car and communicate with each other at all times which was really helpful. The system is easy to understand, even for my less then tech savvy crew chief!

If we need up to 6 tracking units can you provide that many? Thanks

swiftracing5

How long is the rental window? Ie can we we take it for a week so it can be used when we prerun during the week before or separate plan like you mentioned?

I used it the first time during the 2014 Baja 1000 and worked great, awesome system and very reliable. We texted from chase to chase and it was really accurate with race truck location and speed!

RacingTraX

We offer a pre-run plan for an additional $50 per unit. This turns the units on so you can message through them, it also tracks your location at racingtrax.com every hour. Units without the pre-run plan will be activate 3 days before the race so you can send and receive messages and have your team get familiar with the trackers.

Thanks David... I had 4 of your units for the 1000 and everyone was able to track us and message. We sent messages from the race car when we were stuck in a traffic jam which was very cool!

Baja Bryan

Great unit. We rented for the prerun in Dynamic racing hope you can get the notification alert working with the flashing light. Having the chase truck not see our message was the only issue. Hard to get the chase trucks to have the app open and watching it. Think I am done with Leadnav they tripled their price and more important they are just to difficult to work with. To many bugs in the system.

Great unit. We rented for the prerun in Dynamic racing hope you can get the notification alert working with the flashing light. Having the chase truck not see our message was the only issue. Hard to get the chase trucks to have the app open and watching it. Think I am done with Leadnav they tripled their price and more important they are just to difficult to work with. To many bugs in the system.
Hi Bryan,
We use leadnav and I agree they have their issues/bugs (sometimes quite annoying) but the alternative is a fish finder that has such limited capabilities that I would seriously feel like I was moving backwards if I went with a Lowrance.

How much is their pro pack subscription now? I wasn’t aware it tripled?!?! That’s a lot, around $390?

I would stick with @leadnavsystems and be patient. It’s not perfect but usually they respond to forum questions right away. Granted, I believe if they dedicated some resources to customer support phone lines or something else more people would jump in. It definitely has a learning curve that needs time to learn.

Baja Bryan

Call it what you want but hands down fish finder is the most reliable, also the brightest. The new fish finders coming out will be a game changer for sure.. Ipads for chase trucks are perfect.

Call it what you want but hands down fish finder is the most reliable, also the brightest. The new fish finders coming out will be a game changer for sure.. Ipads for chase trucks are perfect.
Yes I suppose both systems have good and bad points just comes down to preference. One good point to think about though is with an iPad and Racing Trax you can message back and forth with your crew if needed and with no cell service.

Zambo

I have tried a million times to make the ipad work as a chartplotter in a race car and the screen just isn't readable in the daylight. There is no getting around it. Its not even on the same planet as an actual chartplotter. The turn by turn audio stuff is great, and the ability to use racingtrax is great, but all that can be done on your phone without having to even mount it in the car.

I have tried a million times to make the ipad work as a chartplotter in a race car and the screen just isn't readable in the daylight. There is no getting around it. Its not even on the same planet as an actual chartplotter. The turn by turn audio stuff is great, and the ability to use racingtrax is great, but all that can be done on your phone without having to even mount it in the car.
True, it is difficult to see the screen in direct sunlight.